Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
djk44883
Channel Surfer

[OS 10.5] roku ultra 4800 displaying 1/4 of picture on tv screen

Model 4800X

Serial X010007MKM0S

Device ID S02A218MkM0S

OS 10.5.0:4198

any/all channel - Roku Channel and Prime Video

Tracker ID OS-444-888

I can unplug the HDMI cable, then it works... but It's silly to do this every time.  It'll be great to have you fix this -- thanks.

0 Kudos
19 REPLIES 19
DarinT
Reel Rookie

Re: picture size, I only have a small picture in the corner of my screen

This happens over and over again to me. I sick and despise Roku, they SUCK! Its Nov 2021 and every Friday Roku wont initiate.   I have to unplug it and let it rest several times to get it back and this takes hours to get it back. It looks normal through selection of a show... Then picture of the show I want to watch is in the upper left corner on a 65" TV, its absurd!  WTF ROKU and you have the worst support and no solution????

0 Kudos
djk44883
Channel Surfer

EXACTLY!  But I don't have to spend but a few

minutes to fix it... but I too get fed up constantly

"fixing" it.  I mean it's not actually fixed if it

constantly re-appears, at least not from my perspective.

It's just making it work right -- nothing is actually fixed

now is it?    

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@djk44883 

Thanks for the post and providing us with your information.

I have passed the information along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further. Once more information is available, I'll be sure to update this thread.

In the meantime, can you please provide us with your TV brand and model? Have you tried using another HDMI input on the TV to see if the same issue occurs? For troubleshooting purposes, have you tried connecting the device to another TV to see if you are seeing the same issue?

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@DarinT

Thanks for the post.

We would be more than happy to look further into the issue for you.

If you are unable to resolve the issue, can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-TV brand and model
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have this information, we will be able to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
foxberryfarm
Channel Surfer

Re: Quarter Screen Display When Watching Content

Update 10.5 introduced quarter screen playback problem in my 11 month old Roku Ultra Model 4800x.  I have software version 10.5.0 build 4208-C2.  Connected to older Panasonic TV.  Everything worked perfectly until software update about 6 weeks ago.  Tried multiple HDMI cables and TV HDMI ports with no change.  Problem occurs on all playback channels.  Rebooting the Roku restores full screen playback which then works fine until the next day, then I am back to quarter screen playback until I reboot the Roku.  Thus latest update didn't solve this playback problem.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@foxberryfarm

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide the information that I have requested in my previous post?

With more detailed information, we will be able to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
foxberryfarm
Channel Surfer

-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)-TV brand and model   ****4800X-ROKU ULTRA/SERIAL NUMBER X01000E7236C/SOFTWARE 10.5.0 BUILD 4208-C2/TV -PANASONIC TC-37LZ85****
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)  ****OCCURS ON PRIME VIDEO VERSION 12.0 BUILD 2021090212, NETFLIX VERSION 5.2 BUILD 98096432, DISNEY PLUS VERSION 1.17 BUILD 2021120900, PLUTO TV VERSION 5.15 BUILD 4 - I DON'T USE ANY OTHER CHANNELS****
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)  ****6C-511-161 and 6C-511-172***
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing  ****OCCURS AFTER WATCHING STREAMING ON ROKU AND THEN TURNING OFF TV.  WHEN I COME BACK LATER AND TURN TV BACK ON PLAYBACK IS QUARTER SCREEN UNTIL I REBOOT ROKU WHICH RETURNS FULL SCREEN PLAYBACK; WHEN TV IS TURNED BACK ON, I OFTEN HAVE A SOLID PURPLE SCREEN AND HAVE TO PUSH THE ROKU HOME BUTTON TO GET THE CHANNEL MENU***

NOTE THE PROBLEM DID NOT OCCUR PRIOR TO A MONTH OR 6 WEEKS AGO; NOW OCCURS WITH EVERY USE

0 Kudos
foxberryfarm
Channel Surfer

Additional information on previous problem info

Neither Sony DVD player nor laptop connected to TV using HDMI experience any quarter screen streaming issues.  Switching HDMI cable and TV HDMI port between Roku and Sony DVD player keeps the problem with the Roku.  There is no question that the Roku is responsible for the problem.

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@foxberryfarm

Thanks for the post and providing us with your information.

I have passed the information along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos