Solving playback issues

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mitchd
Level 9

OS 10.5 Ultra glitches out on Home screen and channels

Different customer, Same device and problem with more information. 

Since my Roku Ultra (2020) updated itself to 10.5.0 Build 4191-C2, it is now suffering glitches and dropouts on all apps AND THE HOME SCREEN. The problem happens randomly for a few seconds, then playback resumes. I liked the product until this so called update broke it.

Model: 4800X
Serial No: X01000HEL9ME
Device ID: S02A20AEL9ME
Tracker ID: ME-429-078 immediately after a Home Screen glitch. 

Please Help.

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
mitchd
Level 9

Re: OS 10.5 Ultra glitches out on Home screen and channels

And yes, I rebooted the Roku by unplugging it for 5 minutes.  Also, the problem is sometimes sound only, sometimes picture goes black and sound goes out, and sometimes it is just a band of noise through the picture and sound. 

The problem is totally random but happens frequently enough to be unacceptable. 

0 Kudos
mitchd
Level 9

Moments ago, the Home Screen spent a minute flashing between black and the image, with breakup of the image. 

Further, now every time I hit an arrow on the remote to move between Home Screen options, the picture briefly blacks out.

Tracking ID: ME-430-473

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@mitchd

Thanks for the post and providing us with your information.

I have passed along your concerns to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
mitchd
Level 9

As the warranty on my Ultra will run out in another month, I obtained a Return Authorization number and was about to do the factory reset and send it back when I tried one last thing. I moved the Ultra closer to the TV replacing the high speed 25 foot HDMI 2.0b cable with a 3 foot high speed HDMI cable, and all the glitching problems went away. Even the Apple TV app is working again without any issues. 

Needless to say, I have decided to not return my Ultra. While I don’t understand why this is so since the original HDMI cable worked fine for the first 10 months and still works fine with a Blu-ray player, I apparently owe Roku an apology for those bad thing I wrote here about them. 

0 Kudos