Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ilikereds
Reel Rookie

Nothing will play on my Roku

We cannot play anything. If you select something, it refreshes and just goes back to the previous screen every time. This has been going on for days now. We have tried unplugging the Roku and have also removed the app and reinstalled with no luck. No clue what to do now and any help would be greatly appreciated!

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Nothing will play on my Roku

Hi! @Ilikereds,

Thank you for reaching out to the Roku Community!

We would be more than happy to look further into this issue, but we will need more detailed information.

• Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing?
  • What device are you using right now?
  • Is the issue happening on all content or channels, or is it isolated to one content or channel?
  • How are you powering your device?

Please keep us posted on what you find out, and we will be more than happy to continue assisting you further. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks,

Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Ilikereds
Reel Rookie

My device is a roku device that plugs into the tv. It is powered at an electrical outlet. The issues only occur on the roku app, all other apps work fine. When I open the roku app and select a show to watch, any show, I select play and the screen momentarily acts like it is going to start playing, only to see the screen show the same screen again. 

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Ilikereds,

We appreciate this information.

We'd like to gather more information for us to be able to escalate this issue to our appropriate Roku team, as they are the ones who will investigate further regarding this concern. Could you please provide the following details below?

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)
  • What troubleshooting steps did you perform to reproduce the issue you are seeing?

Kindly keep us posted!

All the best,

Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos