Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HarleyDude
Reel Rookie

No video when I turn on my TV

Wow, so here it is 2024 and I'm having the very same problem with my brand-new Roku stick that many, many others have been having for years. This stick is my third Roku product, but I never had the problem before. Did a chat with a support person today and he gave me the same boiler-plate advice as I've seen here. Only thing that fixes my video problem so far is unplugging the power supply from the stick every day now. Annoying. Sounds like Roku needs to fix the problem, or this is my last Roku product.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: No video when I turn on my TV

@HarleyDude-

If your Roku has a "Settings > System > Power > Auto power savings > After 20 minutes of no interaction" setting, try disabling it.

More info on this setting: https://support.roku.com/article/6306527767575

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
HarleyDude
Reel Rookie

That did not work. I still had to disconnect, then reconnect the Roku stick to get video when I turned on the TV this morning. I am also now having connection problems with my TCL Roku TV.

It is clear to me after my problems and reading the threads by customers having the same problems that Roku has a compatibility problem. Instead of all these ineffective work-arounds, Roku engineers need to come up with software updates.

After years of trouble-free Roku usage, I'm now having daily connection issues. Roku's customers will start to look for other products if the company can't solve the problem.

I would be happy to discuss this on the phone with a senior Roku executive who wants to get things resolved.

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @HarleyDude,

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community!

I see that you're seeing a playback issue going on with your new Roku Streaming stick and we'd like to help.

To better isolate this case, could you tell us if this no-video issue is happening to all channels on the platform? Upon review of your account, I see that our Support team did try the option to switch to a different HDMI input. Do you have the same issue with those HDMI inputs?

In regards, to the network issue with your TCL Roku TV. We'd also like to know if you're seeing any error messages, and what troubleshooting steps have you taken so far.

Please let us know more about this so that we can move forward to the appropriate next step.

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos