Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
January4short
Reel Rookie

No signal issue with new Roku express+

I tried all tips I read in the community to solve the “no signal” issue. I’m about to throw it OUT unless a Roku rep will assist me

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
Michelle3
Roku Guru

Re: No signal issue with new Roku express+

You probably have a defective HDMI cable.  Try different cables; see if that will solve the issue!  

~ Jordan

I’m into videotapes and old electronics stuff, including extenders, converters and analog 4:3 TV sets (which are obsolete these days), and Miss Bianca is my favorite character in Disney’s The Rescuers (1977) and its sequel, The Rescuers Down Under (1990). I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you. ~ Jordan

Roku Express+ 3910X
January4short
Reel Rookie

I will try that. 

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@January4short 

Generally, the No Signal is going to be a video signal issue.  As @Michelle3  indicated, could be a bad HDMI cable.  Can also try using an alternate HDMI port on the TV.  Could also be a handshake problem between the TV and the Roku device. (one starting up before the other is ready, thereby missing the signal handshake).  Can always just try restarting the Roku device after the TV has turned on. (Settings/System/System Restart).

In some circumstances, can also be a power issue with the device.  Try using another power adapter at the wall outlet. (any 5volt, 1amp cell phone charging suppy should work).  Power supply lowest on suspect list, but still an avenue to explore.

If all else fails, try the Roku device on another TV if available to you to isolate if whether a device or a TV issue.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

Michelle3
Roku Guru

The issue with the video signal could also result in the words, “Weak Signal,” or “Weak or No Signal.” As far as I know, some 1990s CRT TV sets released by French-based Thomson (later folded into Technicolor in 2010) under the General Electric, RCA and ProScan brand names show the words “Weak Signal” on the A/V input if the device connected to the set is not turned on at all.  And most, if not all, Samsung TV sets show “Weak or No Signal” on an RF channel if the picture is snowy.  ~ Jordan

I’m into videotapes and old electronics stuff, including extenders, converters and analog 4:3 TV sets (which are obsolete these days), and Miss Bianca is my favorite character in Disney’s The Rescuers (1977) and its sequel, The Rescuers Down Under (1990). I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you. ~ Jordan

Roku Express+ 3910X
0 Kudos
tnajimy

My problem is different,, my 4Kplus puck doesn't stay on over night and has to be rebooted the next day in order for me to use remote and turn on the puck. How do I get the puck to be able to turn back on using the remote without re-powering it?

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@tnajimy 

On the Roku device, try disabling the Power Savings Feature. (am assuming you have the Express 4k+).

(Settings/System/Power/Power Savings/Auto Power Savings 20 min (uncheck box to disable).

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102