Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
saw4846
Binge Watcher

Re: No Volume / Muted At Startup

I have my Roku connected to my Denon AVR the same way I connected the previous Roku streaming stick 3810 which never had this problem. When the AVR is on all works fine, but when it’s off the audio takes longer to start than the video. 

I have a second 3820 ordered but soon as it gets here it’s going back.

0 Kudos
southwos
Channel Surfer

Are you connecting the Roku device directly to the TV?

Yes

Are they are external audio devices connected to the TV?

No

Are you still able to hear audio when accessing and making selections in the Home screen and just experiencing this issue during playback of a channel?

No, all audio is muted until I press the mute/unmute button.

For troubleshooting purposes, have you tried connecting the Roku device to another HDMI port on the TV as well as connecting the device to another TV to see if the issue persists.

I have tried other HDMI ports instead of the ARC/HDMI port.  I have not tried this 9101R2 Roku Streambar Pro on another monitor/TV.

I have tried all the suggestions on this site.  I have another Roku Streambar Pro on a Samsung TV, it does not have this issue.  I also have 2 other Roku streambars on two other TV that do not have this problem.

The serial number for this streambar that I am having this issue with is: YL004U899877

This is the most recent streambar pro that I have, all the older ones do not have an issue.

The device ID is: 3K6134899877

Software version: 11.0.0 build 4193-95

0 Kudos
Michelle3
Roku Guru

@southwos 

If you do try your problematic Roku Streambar device on another TV, is it an issue with the TV you’re using with the problematic device, or is it just an issue with the problematic device? If it’s the device issue, you probably have a defective unit.  Do be aware that all units of the two Roku Streambar models are expensive, so it may not be replaceable.

You could probably contact Roku customer support here: https://support.roku.com/contactus

~ Jordan

I’m into videotapes and old electronics stuff, including extenders, converters and analog 4:3 TV sets (which are obsolete these days), and Miss Bianca is my favorite character in Disney’s The Rescuers (1977) and its sequel, The Rescuers Down Under (1990). I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you. ~ Jordan

Roku Express+ 3910X
0 Kudos
southwos
Channel Surfer

I have the Roku soundbar connected to the TV using the HDMI/ARC port.  I have an Xbox connected to the HDMI 2 port and a FireTV Cube connected to the HDMI 3 Port.  If I turn on the the TV using the Roku remote (which will default to the last port connected HDMI/ARC port) the sound does not come on until I press the mute/unmute button on the remote.  If I turn on the tv and select the Xbox and turn on the Xbox the sound come on as expected and is routed through the Roku streambar.  The same happens with the Firecube TV.  As I have mentioned, I have 1 other Roku Streambar Pro and two other Streambars on other TV's.  All have similar setups and other streaming devices connected and do not have this issue.  

I don't have any problem with the Roku streambar other than it doesn't have the sound on when started.  I feel the issue is that this particular streambar pro is defaulting to having the sound on mute when started.  It is strange that it only happens when starting itself and not when the other devices are started first.

I know this may sound confusing and I believe it's just a firmware issue either with how the Roku starts or with the TV/Roku combination.

0 Kudos
Michelle3
Roku Guru

@southwos  Hopefully someone else in this community can help you more in this situation.
~ Jordan

I’m into videotapes and old electronics stuff, including extenders, converters and analog 4:3 TV sets (which are obsolete these days), and Miss Bianca is my favorite character in Disney’s The Rescuers (1977) and its sequel, The Rescuers Down Under (1990). I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you. ~ Jordan

Roku Express+ 3910X
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@southwos

Thanks for the follow up.

I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos