Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
afeldsott
Binge Watcher

Re: No Signal on Roku Ultra

Jump to solution

UPDATE:  I had tried it with an previously unused HDMI cable, but it still didn't work.  However, I had a high-quality HDMI cable (Pearl 48) from Best Buy, so I gave it a shot.  It worked!  Apparently my other cheap cable couldn't handle the signal.

0 Kudos
gajohn003

Jump to solution

I am having similar issues. I had previously experienced this problem once a month, needing to unplug and restart, which seemed to resolve for a bit. Now it's becoming more frequent to occur less than a 24 hour period.

0 Kudos
SFMChris

Jump to solution

November 24, 2020

Model: 4660X2

Serial Number: CK3823145027

Has run well for nearly 2 years, occasionally would reboot itself (update?). It powers up, it no longer shows the startup screen, it responds to the remote (flashing light) alright, but that is it. I have tried different ports on the TV and another HDMI cable. I have left the unit unplugged for 15 seconds several times, and a few minutes as well, but nothing has worked.

I even held down the reset button for 15 seconds. Nothing.

Did Roku push an update that bricked the unit?

UPDATE: After troubleshooting for 30 minutes I left the unit on and the TV displaying black. Then all of a sudden, the Roku Ultra was back. Hmmmm.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

There have been a lot of reports lately of black screens with no obvious common denominator.  Try "resetting" the TV.  Unplug the power for a minuter or so and plug it back in.  Do you have another TV you can try it on?  The last resort is to hold down the reset button for no less than 30 seconds with the Roku power connected.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

My Roku Ultra is not responding, stating there’s no signal. I can’t even access a menu screen.

I unplug and reinsert the original power cord again, with the bootup screen functioning, but then it goes back to “No Signal”.

I tried switching HDMI cables to a new port on the same TV. No change. Tried it on multipe television I possess  still  roku  name pops up but then it goes to no signal

I tried pressing the remote’s power button multiple times. Nothing.

All other remote buttons. Nothing.

Remote signal on the Ultra itself. Nothing.

We still have “No Signal” despite all these measures.

Hasn't  been workin for several months.

Can someone in Support please help me? I tried calling, and it routed me back here.

Model 4670x  roku ultra

Sn kx99a7466644

Email juan.alcantar31@gmail.com 

0 Kudos
RDSUMMERS

Jump to solution

My Roku Ultra is not responding, stating there’s no signal. I can’t even access a menu screen.

Unplugged cables from working Roku and plugged them i to to none functioning Roku.  TV still didn't recognize the HDMI port

0 Kudos
DInoJT714

Jump to solution

I am experiencing the exact same issue.

Please advise how I can get help?

0 Kudos
Snoopytv
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have the same issue with Roku Premiere+. It worked and then one day it said incompatible video signal. Can you help me as well Danny?

Thanks

0 Kudos
LLG

Jump to solution

Can someone please reply to me about my Roku Ultra not working? I have tried calling my internet provider AND Roku customer service. Apparently you are not taking live calls? How do I get immediate assistance for the same issue: black screen with no signal message? And before anyone suggests it, I have tried unplugging it, moving it, and changing HDMI inputs. Please advise. 

0 Kudos
JokeU
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

They ended up having me send mine in for repairs.  I had to pay shipping to get it there; they sent me back a unit that seems to work, but the remote that I got sent back was all scratched up and had obviously been owned/used by someone before me so that was off-putting.

You'll have to get a Roku tech to approve your return which requires quite a few steps and is a bit of a pain.

Given how many of these issues there seem to be, I would guess that there's at least one component in these units that needs to be replaced due to failure which is what likely caused these issues we've all experienced.

Good luck! 

0 Kudos