Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Davenlr
Streaming Star

No HDR on Prime app since the update to get 4 tiles on the home screen UI

Jump to solution

I just received the 4 tile UI today.  Last week, Prime video had HDR for the TNF game.  This week, it does not work anymore.  It does on my LG WebOS.  Did Roku break HDR on the prime app?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: No HDR on Prime app since the update to get 4 tiles on the home screen UI

Jump to solution

Amazon has a history with the support or lack thereof for HDR/Dolby Vision. It's not specific to Roku devices, and it certainly has nothing to do with the 4x4 home screen on your Roku. 

Roku didn't break anything. Amazon doesn't do well with their apps on any device other than what they themselves sell (the Fire TV devices). 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Thanks for sharing the experience you have with this concern, @Davenlr.

Please be guided that changes made to the Roku OS should not affect the channels or apps, as these were all maintained by the channel provider themselves on the Roku platform. However, may we know the current OS of your device? Also, have you already performed a channel reboot, as this may be an issue with the app itself? To do this, you can follow our standard troubleshooting steps below:

• Remove the channel: Highlight the channel tile on your home screen and press the Star button to open the options menu. Select the Remove channel and confirm.
  • Restart your Roku device. Restart the device from the settings menu. Go to Settings > System > Power (skip if the option is unavailable) > System Restart.
  • Re-install the channel: After your Roku device restarts, visit the Roku Channel Store and add the channel again.

We also suggest checking for an app update by highlighting the channel tile, pressing the * button, and selecting update.
Please let us know what you find out after doing so.
All the best,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Amazon has a history with the support or lack thereof for HDR/Dolby Vision. It's not specific to Roku devices, and it certainly has nothing to do with the 4x4 home screen on your Roku. 

Roku didn't break anything. Amazon doesn't do well with their apps on any device other than what they themselves sell (the Fire TV devices). 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
Davenlr
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Thanks.  Turns out it is Amazon and not Roku.  While HDR worked on Shield Pro, and LG, and Sony TV internal apps, it did not work on Roku, Samsung, TCL, or even FireTV4KMax.   Have contacted Amazon but do not expect much from them.

0 Kudos