Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
joeldoe87
Reel Rookie

Netflix not working today

Netflix isn't working for me today, just won't open. Blank screen. Anyone else?

4 REPLIES 4
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Re: Netflix not working today

Hi @joeldoe87

Thank you for the post.

Does the issue only occur on Netflix or across other channels installed on your Roku device?

Have you tried removing the affected channel Netflix and then re-install again? If not, we suggest starting there. In some cases, removing the affected channel and then re-installing it may help. Restart your device before re-adding the channel back in to ensure the process is successful. We recommend doing this through the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If there is no Power submenu, proceed to the next step.) > System restart.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link for more information: How to resolve a channel playback issue | Official Roku Support.

Let us know if there's any difference after.

Warm Regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos
Bretito-Bonito
Channel Surfer

It hasn't worked for over a week for me.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Bretito-Bonito,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

We're sorry to hear that you've been having this trouble with playing content on the Netflix channel. We would be more than happy to look further into this issue but will need more details. Can you please provide us with the following information:

• Do you receive any error codes or messages? If yes, please let us know.
  • Do you observe this behavior while using any other channel(s) on your device?
  • What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to try to resolve the issue?
  • Have you tried the steps posted above to see if that resolves the issue?

We look forward to hearing from you and looking closely into this issue. Thank you!

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Bretito-Bonito
Channel Surfer

Thank you so much Mary! I ended up in a email chat with one of your representatives. They were unable to figure out what was wrong but finally I did: Netflix didn't like the settings I had for display in Roku, specifically the Mhz. I knocked it down and now it's working fine again! Thank you to all your representatives, for trying to help!

I have another question now. When using Roku, while I'm watching Peacock, if I tell Alexa to pause it works just fine, BUT when I ask her/him/it lol to "play/resume" it does so, but the screen stays on the advertisement that is plastered to the screen while you're pausing and doesn't actually resume the video feed. You can hear that it's playing again as in it resumes with audio not with video?!🤷🏼‍♂️

Thank you for your help take care!

0 Kudos