Issue Tracking Board

Status updates, outage reports, fixes, and workarounds. Subscribe to a thread be notified of updates!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GritNGlitter
Reel Rookie

Re: Netflix not loading on Roku Ultra, error message ui 800 3

Jump to solution

We're having the same problem with our new Roku ultra. We have followed every trouble shooting step, including reinstalling the app, resetting and restarting the Roku and the Internet. Our ISP thinks it's ludicrous that they are the final troubleshooting step, since we can access Netflix via our old Roku and every other device in the house. I have since logged out of Netflix on all devices and tried to reinstall/restart everything again. No dice.

Georgia21
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Well, I ended up sending the Ultra back to Roku. And had to pay shipping costs which was very annoying. Since our goal is to have one remote for the TV, I am going to try the Roku Express to see if that makes any difference. But I'll buy it from a local retailer, so if it doesn't work, I won't have to pay the shipping costs back if I return it. 

bjlyon615
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Our problem started when we couldn’t get YouTube videos to play on our Roku Streambar. Couldn’t get rid of black screen.  We tried everything, then ended up purchasing a Roku ultra, hoping that would take care of the problem.   It did.  We can now watch YouTube on Roku ultra but Netflix Home Screen then wouldn’t load.  After extensive troubleshooting, we decided to just use  both devices and switch input on our HDTV as needed. So far, so good.  Not the best solution but at least we can watch YouTube and Netflix again.

al_mac
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hello,

I am in the same situation. My Roku 3 bit the dust, all apps including Netflix worked before it died, and purchased an Ultra directly from Roku. Apple +, Amazon Prime, Max, Disney + all loaded up very easily and are operating correct. Then there is Netflix. I did everything you have all mentioned including a factory reset and still get ui-800-3 (106038) every time. I just received the Ultra three days ago (4/24/24) and read through everything Netflix and Roku published. It is apparent you all did as well.

My Roku 3 worked perfectly until last Saturday night where it just won't power up anymore. The brick was still providing +12V. 

Since there is some much content on the interweb about this error I have to believe it is a firmware issue that Roku has not figured out yet. Checking for updates reports that my unit is up to date.

Has anyone heard anything new?

GritNGlitter
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

This does not work. This is clearly a Roku problem 

GritNGlitter
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

No, but if I have to pay to return the Roku because it can't manage one of the most popular streaming apps, I'm not purchasing another one.

Georgia21
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I had to pay $15 to ship the worthless thing back to Roku. Will not be purchasing anything directly from them again.

RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi Community users,

Thank you for keeping us posted here in the Roku Community!

We understand your sentiments regarding the issue you are experiencing, and we would feel the same way. We will work with you to know what went wrong so we can assist you further and fix the issue. Can you please provide the following information below?

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • What channel and what version or build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)?
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button five times, followed by the Back button five times, and provide us with this ID).
  • What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far?
John
Roku Community Moderator
bjlyon615
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I purchased a  Roku Streambar in. July 2022.  Just a few days ago, YouTube home page suddenly wasn’t launching on my Roku Streambar so I bought a Roku Ultra and that solved the problem.  But then Netflix wouldn’t launch on the Roku Ultra.  So, I decided to keep both streaming devices connected to my HDTV and switch the input as needed.   So far, so good.  I sure hope Roku can find a solution as I bet they will be losing customers right and left.

0 Kudos
al_mac
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hello John,

From you list:

1) 4802X - Roku Ultra, s/n X01000X5UFAC, s/w 12.5.5 build 4174-C2

2) Netflix 5.2 build 120096022

3) Tracker ID AC-170-681

4) Steps taken: well I hope you have read what everyone has written so far. I have done all of that.

From Roku: toggled the Ultra power, reset the Ultra, reset Ultra to factory settings.

From Netflix: reset the app, deleted and reinstalled the app, checked for updates, reset my router and modem (which doesn't make sense since Apple + Disney + Amazon Prime, YouTube all work).

Too many people are having the same issue. Netflix works fine in a browser and on my phone.  Other contributors report that Netflix works on their other Roku devices. I believe this is a firmware issue that Roku needs to address. Netflix worked in my Roku 3 until it totally died.

Regards,

Al