Issue Tracking Board

Status updates, outage reports, fixes, and workarounds. Subscribe to a thread be notified of updates!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuMaryEF
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

[SOLVED] Netflix Error UI-800-3 on Roku Ultra

Jump to solution

Hi Community users,

We're pleased to announce that the issue has been resolved.

We recommend try checking for any system updates in Settings > System > System update > Check now. For more information, please click on the FAQ link here: How to update the software on your Roku streaming device | Roku

To resolve any remaining concerns, kindly follow these instructions:

1. Remove the Netflix channel from your Roku device.
  2. Restart your Roku player. You can do this by navigating to Settings > System > Power > System restart > Restart.
  3. Re-add the Netflix channel to your Roku device.

If you are still experiencing this issue, go ahead and start a new thread, and shoot me a PM.

Thanks to everyone who reported this and for your patience while we worked with the channel partner to find a resolution.

Best regards,
Roku Community Team
Mary E.
Roku Community Moderator
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Netflix won't load. Error UI-800-3 (106038)

Jump to solution

Hi Community users,

We're pleased to inform you that the issue with the Netflix channel displaying the "UI 800 3" error message has been resolved.

To ensure a seamless viewing experience, we recommend the following steps:

1. Update your software by navigating to Settings > System > Software Update, and selecting "Check Now." 
  2. After updating the software, restart your Roku device by going to Settings > System > Power > System restart > Restart

We kindly request affected users to try these steps and confirm if the issue is resolved. 

Thank you for your patience and cooperation throughout this process.

John
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
109 REPLIES 109
Anonymous
Not applicable

[Resolved] Netflix not loading on Roku Ultra, error message ui 800 3

Jump to solution

No matter what I do, Netflix will not load on my Roku Ultra. Getting stuck on error message iu 800 3. I’ve tried rebooting, reloading, uninstalling and reinstalling Roku and Netflix, hard reset on everything ,TV, remote, modem, router. Wi-Fi and connections strong. Every other channel perfect. Roku support no help. Because we have 2 Netflix accounts in our household, could this be the problem? I reinstalled my Roku 3 and Netflix and everything else, perfect. Any ideas?

MrXxx
Roku Guru

Re: Netflix not loading on Roku Ultra, error message ui 800 3

Jump to solution

Just a cursory Googling of the error turns up this page. Google is your friend. Always Google error messages before asking. 

Netflix Error ui-800-3 | Netflix Help Center

onn Roku 43" TV model 100012584 running version 12.0.0
Twenty plus years of online experience as a web developer, general user and consumer. Recording engineer. Sixty plus years of troubleshooting and problem solving in several fields. Here to help and get help when I have issues with Roku. Nothing more. Not here to socialize. That's what real life is for. 😉
0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Found this page early on in my journey. Tried it all. Did not help. But  thanks.

0 Kudos
MrXxx
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

You should have explained what you had already tried so those trying to help you don't waste their time with redundant efforts. Have you tried removing the app and reinstalling it?

Twenty plus years of online experience as a web developer, general user and consumer. Recording engineer. Sixty plus years of troubleshooting and problem solving in several fields. Here to help and get help when I have issues with Roku. Nothing more. Not here to socialize. That's what real life is for. 😉
0 Kudos
Georgia21
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I have rebooted and restarted the Ultra numerous times, uninstalled it, reinstalled it. Deleted the Netflix app and reinstalled numerous times. Updated everything. Connected to a mobile hot spot, contacted Netflix . They told me it is a Roku issue. I’ve cleared the Netflix cache. I reinstalled my ancient Roku 3, Netflix worked fine. Reinstalled the Ultra. No luck. Error ui 800 3 persists on the Ultra. Is there anything I haven’t tried? Roku tech chat was useless. I followed everything on the algorithm they were running through, which was everything I already did. The advice was to try it again in a few hours, which was hilarious, since I had already spent half a day on it. 

MrXxx
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

I see you mentioned "hard reset." But did you try factory resetting the Ultra through the advanced settings menu? It does sound like an authorization issue that could have been caused by using multiple accounts. Factory reset should wipe any auth conflicts that may be occurring.

0 Kudos
Georgia21
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Yes, I did do that. But now you have me wondering as we have more than one Netlfix in our household and I'm wondering if that could have been the issue. Perhaps signing out of all the Netflix accounts on all the devices may be worth a try.

0 Kudos
bjlyon615
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Same thing happening here.  Just got the Roku Ultra today.  No matter what I do, it won’t launch Netflix Home Screen.  I have no problem opening Netflix on my iPad but on the Roku Ultra, forget about it.  I’ve followed every recommended step to try to get it to work, including factory reset but no dice.  The frustrating thing is that I bought the Roku Ultra because I could no longer get YouTube to work on my Roku Streambar.   Fortunately, YouTube now works on the Roku Ultra but now Netflix doesn’t.  There is a workaround which would required me to cast Netflix from my iPad to my HDTV but that would require me to upgrade my Netflix account. I could have cast  YouTube videos from my iPad, too, instead of  buying the Roku Ultra.  Now I’m stuck with it and no Netflix.  

bjlyon615
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Since my Roku Ultra won’t play  Netflix videos and since my Roku Streambar won’t play YouTube videos, I’ve decided to just keep both devices hooked up and switch inputs on my HDTV as needed.  Each remote has to be paired to its own device, of course.

0 Kudos