Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mailman830
Reel Rookie

NEXTIN Aquarium 4K - Relax, Meditate & Sleep with Fish Tank & Sea Life Videos

Hello Roku Community,

I recently purchased a Roku Express 4K+. I paid for the NEXTIN Aquarium 4K - Relax, Meditate & Sleep with Fish Tank & Sea Life Videos. The video freezes at the same spot every time. Has anyone else had this issue? 

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: NEXTIN Aquarium 4K - Relax, Meditate & Sleep with Fish Tank & Sea Life Videos

@Mailman830-

Is this the one you have?  It says it's developed by NEXTIN.  https://channelstore.roku.com/details/0fe2cfe7e444b8228168ac0adaf716e5/aquarium-free-relaxing-fish-a...

I installed it to check it out.  As far as I can tell, this is free and there is no way to pay for anything.  It's running here now.  I'll come back and edit this if it freezes on me.

[Edit: I don't know how long the video loop is, but this has now been running for over 1.5 hours and is still going.  I'll let it run, and anything further I'll report in additional replies rather than editing this post.]

You might like Roku's own Aquatic Life:  https://channelstore.roku.com/search/aquatic
This is a free digital aquarium simulation that is extremely lifelike.  It has no sound track, if that is important to you.

Aquatic Life also may be available as a free screensaver for your Roku model.  Check via Settings > Theme (may take a few seconds to load) > Screensaver.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
makaiguy

Re: NEXTIN Aquarium 4K - Relax, Meditate & Sleep with Fish Tank & Sea Life Videos

For whatever it's worth...

af.jpg

I let the AQUARIUM FREE channel app run overnight and this morning the Roku was showing the Roku home page.   I didn't realize I had Settings > Network > Bandwidth saver set to ON.  This would have stopped whatever was running unattended (i.e. no user input) at 4 hours. 

I've now turned bandwidth saver off and have restarted AQUARIUM FREE.   I'll report back later.

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

0 Kudos
makaiguy

I checked at about 4.5 hours and AQUARIUM FREE was still playing.

Sometime after that (don't know when) it changed to an ad for another one of NEXTIN's aquarium offerings.  After some period of time it went back to running its video.

So that's been my experience with this app.   Shutting it down now.

0 Kudos
Mailman830
Reel Rookie

Thanks for your replies. I will time out the how long it plays until it freezes. Unless it works, I need to find out how to obtain a refund.

0 Kudos
makaiguy

Are you sure you paid for this, and not perhaps something else?  I didn't see anywhere that it asked for a subscription.

0 Kudos
Mailman830
Reel Rookie

Please review the attached purchase of the 4K Aquarium.

Screenshot 3.jpgScreenshot 2.jpgScreenshot 1.jpg

0 Kudos