Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Texgeoas
Reel Rookie

My Streambar is becoming useless

About a month after I bought my Streambar it made a LOUD POP.
Since it continued working, I thought no more about it.

As time went on, the sound would FLUCTUATE during a show… mostly lower. It has progressively gotten worse. I now have to hold the remote in my hand to adjust the sound UP or DOWN to combat the severe fluctuations. This happens as many as 10-12 times in a half hour show.

Occasionally, the sound will suddenly go to screaming FULL VOLUME and will be distorted… so loud it scares my animals out of their wits. 

Bottom line, my Streambar has become unusable. I am asking if Roku will warranty this item or is it now just a paper weight? 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: My Streambar is becoming useless

Hello @Texgeoas,

Thank you for keeping us in the loop. We understand that you're having issues with your Roku streambar. To address the crackling and breaking up of the speakers, we recommend trying the following troubleshooting steps:

• Check the audio connections: Ensure that the audio cables are securely connected to the streambar and the audio source. Try unplugging and reconnecting the cables to ensure a proper connection.
  • Update the software (Go to Settings > System > Software Update).
  • Adjust audio settings.
  • Perform a factory reset on your Roku Streambar: This can typically be done through the settings menu or by pressing a dedicated reset button on the device.

If the issue is persistent after doing so, please provide us with the following details:

• Roku device or TV model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button five times, followed by the Back button five times, and provide us with this ID).

Once a few more pieces of information have been gathered, we will be able to pass them along to the appropriate support team to investigate further. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Sincerely,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator