Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Netflix app is just showing a black empty screen

Jump to solution

I just set up a new Roku stick and all of the other apps I checked are ok (Apple, prime, Disney, peacock, paramount, etc)

I grabbed the tracker information for this issue and pasted it below 

Issue report tracker

Model. 3820W2 - Streaming Stick 4K

Serial number: X0250016RNH (SOJC33A6RFNH)

Software version: 12.5,5 • build 4174-E6

GC version: 112.23

Timestamp: 2024-04-03T03:38,547

Please use issue ID NH-134-138 to report the current

issue,

any suggestions for resolving this issue is appreciated!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: My Netflix app is just showing a black empty screen

Jump to solution

Greetings from the Roku Community, @Aanderson1839!

We appreciate you reaching out for support about the playback issue you've been experiencing with Netflix, and we'd be happy to suggest some troubleshooting steps to help you get back on streaming.

Kindly follow the steps provided below to help you:

1. Remove the channel: navigate to your Home screen, move to the right, highlight the app, press Star*, then select Remove channel
  2. Perform a system reboot: navigate to your Home, select Settings > System > Power (skip if unavailable) > System restart
  3. Re-install the channel: navigate to your Home, scroll and choose Store, look for the app, then press Add channel

For reference, you can check our Support article here: How to resolve a channel playback issue

If the issue persists, we highly suggest reaching out to the channel provider themselves, which, in this case, is Netflix Support, as they are the ones who provided and maintained their channel on the Roku streaming platform. Their channel might need an update since this issue only persists on Netflix.

We hope you get everything sorted out soon and appreciate you bearing with us in the meantime. Let us know how it goes! 

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: My Netflix app is just showing a black empty screen

Jump to solution

Greetings from the Roku Community, @Aanderson1839!

We appreciate you reaching out for support about the playback issue you've been experiencing with Netflix, and we'd be happy to suggest some troubleshooting steps to help you get back on streaming.

Kindly follow the steps provided below to help you:

1. Remove the channel: navigate to your Home screen, move to the right, highlight the app, press Star*, then select Remove channel
  2. Perform a system reboot: navigate to your Home, select Settings > System > Power (skip if unavailable) > System restart
  3. Re-install the channel: navigate to your Home, scroll and choose Store, look for the app, then press Add channel

For reference, you can check our Support article here: How to resolve a channel playback issue

If the issue persists, we highly suggest reaching out to the channel provider themselves, which, in this case, is Netflix Support, as they are the ones who provided and maintained their channel on the Roku streaming platform. Their channel might need an update since this issue only persists on Netflix.

We hope you get everything sorted out soon and appreciate you bearing with us in the meantime. Let us know how it goes! 

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos