Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Amarius
Reel Rookie

My 55 inch onn roku tv went dark while I was watching tv everything else is fine

I was watching a show on Hulu then I clicked the next episode option and that’s when it went dark. I thought it was the normal black screen issue so I used the reset sequence and that didn’t work I unplugged it and held the power button for a minute and plugged it back in but that didn’t work. I factory reset it but that still didn’t work I seen a video saying it may be the back light strips so before I buy anything I wanted to confirm if that’s the issue.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: My 55 inch onn roku tv went dark while I was watching tv everything else is fine

@Amarius-

Onn Support contacts
http://onntvsupport.com/#product_support-2
1-844-334-2355

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: My 55 inch onn roku tv went dark while I was watching tv everything else is fine

Hey @Amarius

Thanks for posting here in the Community!

Have you tried contacting the TV manufacturer to inquire further? I'd suggest starting there to see what options or suggestions they can provide. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support and warranty services for their products running the Roku OS.

You can reach Onn Support using the number and link provided by @makaiguy above.

We appreciate your understanding.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
Amarius
Reel Rookie

Thank you I will contact them

0 Kudos