Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jackabian

Man City app not working on Roku express

Has a one managed to get the Man City app working it is just stuck on the loading screen

0 Kudos
16 REPLIES 16
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Man City app not working on Roku express

Hi @Jackabian,

Thanks for your first post in the Roku Community!

Can you please provide us with more specific information about the issue you are experiencing? Are you getting an error code or message? In addition, can you please specify the exact steps you are taking to reproduce this issue so we can investigate further?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
goatfood

I am having same issue when you click sign in it just goes to man city badge and spinning circle of doom and doesnt even ask for sign in details. 

I have delete and reinstalled. Restarted roku stick still doing the same. Everything else is working ok.

RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @goatfood,

Congrats on your first post in the Roku Community!

We understand that you are facing an issue with the Man City channel. When removing a channel, please make sure to remove the channel, restart your Roku device, and then add the channel back, especially in that order.

Please keep us posted on how it goes!

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Bluecrow

I’m having exactly the same issue with this app.

I’ve followed the advice to delete, then restart and then reinstall - but it still doesn’t get anything other than a spinning blue wheel when you click on “Sign In”.

RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Bluecrow,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We understand that you're having a problem with the Man City app. Help is here. If the issue persists on one channel after attempting the troubleshooting steps and videos from other channels play fine, contact the channel provider's customer support team to report the issue and get help. Channels on Roku are maintained by the channel developers themselves. In this case, there's likely an issue within that specific channel that needs to be addressed with an update from them.

Please let us know if there's anything else we can do to help you.

All the best,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
happygeek101
Reel Rookie

I am having same issue on a Roku streambar -  when I click sign in it just goes to man city badge and spinning circle

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @happygeek101,

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community!

We appreciate you for letting us know about this issue you've encountered with your Roku Streambar, and we're sorry for the trouble. We recommend performing the troubleshooting steps below to resolve the issue.

1. Remove the affected channel by highlighting it from the channel tile and pressing the star (*) button. Then select the remove option.
  2. Do a system restart by navigating to Settings > System > System Restart.
  3. Add the channel back by searching for it from the "Streaming Store."

After performing these troubleshooting steps, kindly please check to see if the issue has been resolved. Please let keep us posted, and we'll further assist you.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
happygeek101
Reel Rookie

Hi, I have performed the troubleshooting procedure as recommended. Unfortunately the same problem occurs.

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @happygeek101,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We understand and appreciate the troubleshooting taken to resolve this.

If the issue persists even after reinstalling the channel and rebooting the device, This is an indication that the channel probably needs an update by the channel provider themselves.

We suggest reaching out to them and seeing what they can suggest about this.

Keep us posted on what you find out!

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos