Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stephgreed
Reel Rookie

Lost connection after seconds of rebooting on Roku Stick 4K HDR Streaming Stick

Our streaming stick was working well (had it for about 3 months) but about 1 month in it started cutting out. I would generally solve the issue by resetting the device by pressing reset on the stick and would then it would work ok for a few weeks. However, this has happened again and now, following resetting, once I connect to the internet it crashes again leaving me with no sound and no picture (just a blank screen). I have tried turning off and on again, resetting with the remote and on the stick itself but it never loads up properly, either cutting out at the logo stage when re-switching it on, or once connected to the internet if a complete reset has been done. Is there any way to fix this? 

Model number 3820EU

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Lost connection after seconds of rebooting on Roku Stick 4K HDR Streaming Stick

Are you using the TVs USB port for power?  If so, try the supplied power adapter or one from a phone/tablet that can supply at least 1 Amp.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
stephgreed
Reel Rookie

Re: Lost connection after seconds of rebooting on Roku Stick 4K HDR Streaming Stick

Hi,

No, it is connected to the mains electricity through the leads and plug that came with it originally. 

Thanks, Steph 

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

You might want to try another USB power adapter from a phone or tablet that can supply at least 1 Amp.  After that the next thing to try would be a factory reset from Settings->System->Advanced system settings.  It's kind of the nuclear option.  Beyond that if it's less than a year old you can explore a warranty return:

Step-by-step instructions for returns and warranty replacements | Official Roku Support

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
stephgreed
Reel Rookie

I have tried other adapters but they don’t seem to work. The issue always occurs once it has connected to the internet, whereby it immediately cuts out. 

I am unable to get to the settings page as I can’t get further than the internet set up page to do the ‘nuclear option’. 

I have tried switching off and on with the remote and the stick itself and also resetting via both. I do not have the original packaging to send the device back in but I think there must be an issue with it  

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

@stephgreed

We're sorry to hear about the issue you're experiencing.

Please reply here with the serial number of the affected Roku device. It can be found on the back of the stick itself. We'll be able to further assist you from there.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
stephgreed
Reel Rookie

F7011437-B56B-4FEC-BA64-4112DD8E3504.png

Here is the info from the app 

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

@stephgreed

Appreciate the prompt response.

I have passed your information and concern to our Support team. I'd recommend keeping an eye on your email since they will be reaching out to you from there.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos