Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vbbv
Reel Rookie

Re: Lost all antenna and live channels this evening

Jump to solution

i have this issue on all roku enabled tvs.   When scanning i find 60 local channels , but they do not show up in the channel lists.

0 Kudos
jeffery68

Jump to solution

all the antenna channels worked earlier today and now i can't access them. this has happened to both my roku tvs.

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @vbbv and @jeffery68,

A warm welcome, and thank you for reaching us here at the Roku Community!

We regret to hear that you're having issues with antenna channels on Roku. We're happy to assist. Kindly try to perform a system restart on your Roku device by going to Settings > Sytem > Power (if not an option, kindly skip the step). After doing so, please try to re-scan the local channels; you can refer to this support article here for more information.

Let us know if the issue persists, and we'd be more than happy to continue assisting.

Warm regards,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
nomorepat

Jump to solution

TLDR: Try a factory reset.  Yes, it's a pain.

The problem is not that I cannot find "antenna TV" or "live TV" or "broadcast TV".  The problem is that the local OTA broadcasts have disappeared from the channel guide while the streaming channels are still present.  A previous poster offered a partial fix to this: from the Home screen, go to Settings > TV inputs > Live TV > Manage channels > Hide streaming channels and check the box.  The reason why this is only a partial fix is because, of course, the streaming channels are now gone while the OTA broadcasts are now shown.  Fewer than 24 hours ago, all of these channels were shown together on my TV.  This is incredibly frustrating when I want to switch between OTA channels and streaming channels.  Additionally, it happened to both of my TV's (I have TCLs 55S455 and 43S515).

(Later, after more reading and doing things...)

The post by RokuArvyS was good instruction, but not helpful.  Re-scanning channels did not help.  Turning it off and on did not help.  Power-cycling did not help.  The one thing that worked was doing a factory reset on the 55.  Oddly enough, the 43 resolved itself.  However, the 43 still has a problem with the guide not updating (it's currently Thursday afternoon and it says that "The Bachelorette" is airing on ABC.)    What a hassle!

0 Kudos
davcer29
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Same here.  Restart, factory reset, different antenna etc - tried everything.  Wasted hours.

Channels start at 115 - all local antenna channels gone.

Tried to get support - what a joke - just get a continuing cycle on the screen.

If you buy a ROKU TV you are on your own.  There is NO SUPPORT.

0 Kudos
Bartmanhiggy
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

My antenna channels are gone and every time I go to live tv the time is wrong

0 Kudos
davcer29
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I don't know what you are talking about.  If I go to Live TV, I get:

Scan for channels/ manage channels/ rename/ remove.

There is no Antenna TV > Set up input

I have scanned 3 times.  It says channels are found, but they don't appear anywhere.

So ...

HELP ???

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@davcer29 

The Antenna Input is labeled "Live TV" by default.  You need to select [Rename] and then label it Antenna or whatever else you want to (select Custom".  

Then next time you go to Settings, it will be called Antenna. (or whatever you named it).

Until you rename it, you will need to setup Live TV Input (as this is your Antenna Input).

You will need to select this Input tile from the Home Screen to watch Antenna.  Do not select the LiveTV from the left side Home Screen menu (this if for streaming channels only) ...Use the Input tile on the Home Screen. (The one you renamed).

Edit... Sorry if sounding repetitive, looks like Roku is consolidating other threads into this one thread.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hello, I'm certainly going to try what you've suggested, but I've never, the entire time I.ve had this TV, I've always gotten to my locals through the Live TV. 

This is just so sudden. Also, for some reason my Favorites list evaporated along with my locals.

Thank you all for your kind help!

Tim

Hotwire897

Jump to solution

I had that same problem last night on my TV and it was still not working this morning.  I miss my local news. How can I fix it?

0 Kudos