Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Lost all antenna and live channels this evening

Jump to solution

I am still having the same issue as of today, 8-10-2023. 

0 Kudos

Re: Lost all antenna and live channels

Jump to solution

Hi,

I'm having the same issue, but when I go to Settings > TV inputs > Antenna TV > Set up input, the option for Antenna TV are not there. 

Please help as this is so annoying every single time I turn my tv on I have to scan for channels. 

Thanks!

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I am having the same issue, but there is no Antenna Option anywhere.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I have to re-scan for antenna channels every time I turn off the tv. There is no option in settings for antenna tv. 

0 Kudos
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

This seems to be an on-going problem that has to be a software glitch somewhere along the line. Someone at ROKU needs to grab this bull by the horns and FIX it. 

Occasionally, you can go to settings and then power and select reset or restart((?) and it will fix it ( at least temporarily). No reason this should be a constant problem. Needs to be addressed by ROKU. 

RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Supercoolbknbul,

Greetings and welcome to the Roku Community!

Thanks for sharing this information with us, and we'll take a closer look at the issue so we can assist, What Roku device are you using currently? Also, when did you first notice this issue occur?

In the meantime, you can refer to @RokuArvyS's post above in this thread for more detailed information regarding the issue you're running into. 

Please keep us posted on what you find out.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Supercoolbknbul 

Instead of looking for Settings/TV Inputs/Antenna TV, try looking for Settings/TV Inputs/Live TV.  Then "Enable" this Input. (it may be listed under Unused Inputs")

Then go to Settings/TV Inputs/Rename and change it to Antenna (or whatever you want to call it).

When you want to watch your OTA/Antenna/Local Channels, make sure you select this new Antenna Input tile from the Home Screen.

-----

By default in Roku OS 11, Antenna TV Input was renamed LiveTV,, but Roku also added a Menu Item on the left side of Home Screen also called LiveTV.   The Live TV Menu Item only shows Streaming Channels from the Roku Channel LiveTV.  In order to watch your OTA/Antenna channels, you must select the LiveTV Input tile from the Home Screen. (this is the one mentioned above that is can be renamed Antenna or whatever you wish).

If you want the Antenna Input to only contain local channels, you can hide the Streaming Channels by going to Settings/TV Inputs/[Antenna aka LiveTV]/Manage Channels/Hide Streaming Channels.

-----

Many users are selecting the LiveTV from the left side Menu and wondering why their OTA channels are missing.  They are not missing.  Roku made a confusing decision to name two features the same LiveTV by default but perform different functions.

Others users are experiencing issues with some RokuTVs that seem to lose the OTA channels from memory, so not sure which issue you are actually experiencing.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

Jump to solution

I have somehow lost the ability to go to my local channels suddenly. I tried rescanning, that did nothing. I've looked for help, but besides this, there is none. 

Please tell me this is on you guys' end and not mine. This onn ROKU TV, isn't even 3 months old.

Please advise. Anyone. Seriously.

Thank you!

omegadesigners

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@omegadesigners 

Are you selecting the "LiveTV" tile on the Home Screen located with the apps/channels (which you should rename to something different than LIveTV), or are you selecting the "LiveTV" menu item from the Home Screen Menu on the left side?

If you select LiveTV from the left side menu, you will not get your Antenna/over-the-air/locals.  You need to select the tile in order to see and receive them.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
AprilWolfe

Jump to solution

I just lost all my antenna channels today. I just got back from an appointment and cannot watch MASH on Me Tv. Not right. The issue is not resolved. I am in PA if that helps.

0 Kudos