Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Billy277

Re: Cant get the free channels on live tv only paid subscription chamnels

Jump to solution

My tv is working now 

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Lost all antenna and live channels this evening

Jump to solution

Hi Roku Community users,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

We appreciate your patience and understanding regarding the issue you are experiencing with the Live TV guide.

Please be aware that we believe this issue is now resolved and invite you to check if you are still experiencing an issue.

Please let us know if the issue is fixed or reply back to the thread for further assistance, we will be glad to help you.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
Maryham29379
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Yes, we got up this morning and our channels were back. 

I'm so thankful you replied back and fixed the issue. 

Thank you, 

Mary

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Maryham29379,

Thanks for the update.

We're glad that your issue is resolved. Feel free to contact us for further queries. Please let us know if there are other related issues that we can further take a look at.

We appreciate you for providing us with an opportunity to assist you and thank you for choosing Roku.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Genoju

Re: Lost all antenna and live channels

Jump to solution

I still have to scan for my OTA antenna channels every time I turn on the TV.  Extremely annoying.  Why won't it remember them?

0 Kudos
RokuArvyS
Retired Moderator

Re: Lost all antenna and live channels

Jump to solution

Hi @Genoju
Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!
We do appreciate bringing up your concern about lost all antenna and live channels, is this the first time you've encountering this issue?
Try to perform this following steps:

1. Make sure to connect the coaxial cable from your HDTV antenna to the “Ant/Cable In” connector on the back of your Roku TV.
  2. Turn on your Roku TV, go to Home and select Antenna TV. If Antenna TV is missing, you can add it by going to Settings > TV inputs > Antenna TV > Set up input.
  3. Follow the instructions on the TV screen to complete setup.
    Depending on where you live, you may be able to receive free “over-the-air” TV broadcasts from nearby TV stations using an HDTV antenna. To access “over-the-air” broadcast television, the HDTV antenna must be connected to the Antenna TV input of your Roku TV.

Check this support article: How to set up the Antenna TV input on your Roku TV
Let us know if the issue still persists so we can further assist you.
All the best,
Arvy

Marc
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
solive

Jump to solution

I have scanned my antenna channels at least 20 times in the last month!!  As soon as I turn off the TV they disappear.  I hate this TV!

Spcjholden

Jump to solution

Ok I'm having the same issue. Had all of my basic channels and now all I am getting is cable channels. I had to readjust the antenna because we had some heavy wind storms roll threw. Please help me fix this.

am19

Jump to solution

I am having this problem very specifically with channels that are scanned by my Roku television from my antenna. Although this forum states that it's been resolved, it's not resolved for me.

Is there a fix or do I have to wait for Roku to realize there are still people out there who use an antenna to watch local channels. 

RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @am19,

Thank you for posting here at the Roku Community!

To clarify, are you trying to access your live channels on the 'Antenna Tile Shortcut' on your home screen? If not, we recommend you re-connect the coaxial cable from your cable source to the "Ant/Cable In" connector on the back of your Roku TV. Turn on your Roku TV, go to Home, and select Antenna TV. If Antenna TV is missing, you can add it by going to Settings > TV inputs > Antenna TV > Set up input.

Furthermore, You can be directly prompted for your scanned antenna channels after you turn your TV off by changing the power settings on your device:

• Click the Home button.
  • Select Settings
  • Go to System
  • Select Power
  • Select Power On
  • Choose a specific input screen (Live TV, Antenna input, and/or HDMI input)

For further information, kindly browse this article on How to set up the Live TV input on your Roku TV.
Please, let us know how it goes. 

All the best,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos