Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
davemthree
Reel Rookie

Looping MP4 from USB stops after 6+ hours. How to continue looping without interruption? Thanks

Hi there, I’m have 2 55” LED in my store front. I am running ads from a USB. It runs for about 6+ hours then goes back to the main menu. How do I choose continuous play? I want to run from a USB. Thanks 

7 REPLIES 7
jsdray
Reel Rookie

Re: Looping MP4 from USB stops after 6+ hours. How to continue looping without interruption? Thanks

I'm having the same issue with a TCL Roku TV used in the foyer in my church.... How do you fix this?

It's a USB device and we loop the video files on it using the Roku Media Player app...  Ours is stopping after about 3 hours.  I changed the screen saver and the power settings.... Why does it keep stopping?

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Looping MP4 from USB stops after 6+ hours. How to continue looping without interruption? Thanks

I don't know if it applies to videos played off a USB drive, but have you disabled "Bandwidth saver" under the Network settings?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
jsdray
Reel Rookie

I have not... I don't understand why that would do anything, but I'm willing to try anything....

May I ask why you'd suggest this?  Is there a known issue? 

Thanks for the reply! 

0 Kudos
renojim

Bandwidth saver stops streaming after 4 hours.  I wouldn't think it affects playback from USB, but you never know.

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
jsdray
Reel Rookie

You may be on to something there! It does simply say if you have not touched the remote for 4 hours....  

I'm going to give that a try this weekend.  Thank you very much!  I'll post back as soon as I know more.

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar

@jsdray 

I believe @renojim is correct with the bandwidth saver setting recommendation.

In addition, you may want to check that both Playlist Mode and Repeat are set to On/(checked) if you need a continuous play and loop.  When you get to the screen in Roku Media Player in which you press "Play" , press the * button on your remote first to bring up an options menu.

RMP_repeat.png

Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
jsdray
Reel Rookie

Thank you very much!  This was it!  I already had the screen saver and the power options set, but not the bandwidth saver.  Thanks again renojim!

0 Kudos