Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mandy11
Roku Guru

Re: Keeps kicking me out of my apps and back to the home screen

While you are doing that Jerry. How about fixing the original complaint before going on to other things

Keeps kicking me out of my apps and back to the home screen

0 Kudos
mandy11
Roku Guru

That means they have solved the problem. Just delete the complaints.

After all the problem is the complaints....

0 Kudos
dnaylor5
Channel Surfer

I don't understand why they deleted all those pages. So many ppl have posted the requested information and now it’s all gone.

I can’t find my post so I'm posting it again.

This issue has been happening to both of my Roku tvs for a while. This just happened again while I was using Netflix but the issue happens with a wide variety of apps I use regularly. This is definitely not a new problem but likely an issue that is rapidly expanding. Unfortunately a full reset and a uninstall/reinstall did not solve my issue. Here is a list of all the requested information.

TCL Model: 32S335

Model: 8122X - Roku TV

Serial number: YK000X203411 (NST220203411)

Software version: 12.5.0 • build 4176-48

GC version: 10.4.45

Timestamp: 2023-12-27T07:17:23Z

Tracker ID: 11-518-837

Second post that was deleted

The issue just happened to my Roku tv downstairs while using the Peacock app

Model: C122X - Roku TV

Serial number: X00000CR563S (SO3AT01R563S)

Software version: 12.5.0 • build 4176-93

GC version: 10.4.45

Timestamp: 2023-12-27T22:17:44Z

Tracking ID 3S-519-737

KimFITZ1

Oh no!!  I’m having the same issue as everyone else, and I’ve been relying on Roku on three tvs in my household for years. Im so upset and defeated. I’ve tried everything with re starting Wi-Fi, re starting tv, updating the system, updating the Apps. I’m devastated. I’m hoping there is an error on many tvs like a bug that Roku is working on, otherwise I will have to look at new tv options immediately. I was supposed to watch the Oscars tonight but instead I can’t watch anything.

0 Kudos
mandy11
Roku Guru

If you are real quick you can run out and buy a firestick and probably start the Oscars over.

0 Kudos
BMan33
Channel Surfer

Previously I posted that it was only happening on YouTube on my Roku 3 players where it would kick me out. It has not repeated that since I changed the HDMI cable over a month ago. However I did not realize that a lot of these issues were happening on Roku TV's which I do not have.  But curiousity has me wondering what will happen if I upgrade  and will I have the issues so many are having without any real resolutions? 

0 Kudos
mandy11
Roku Guru

You can bet your bootie it will

0 Kudos
Laura5472

Suddenly being kicked off after using the apps for 6 minutes

3/13/24  My 2017 Insignia Roku smart TV is suddenly doing something very stupid. It is now kicking me of all .. all  .. apps every 6 minutes. (Yes, I actually timed it!)  Ive tried the plug-unplug bit til I'm blue in the face & my net/WiFi has "excellent/strong" connections. Apparently, my TV does not  have a  "check apps" selection, so I am unable to clear individual app caches. I refuse to reset the TV to factory setting! I can't afford a new TV due to the quadrupled prices in this post-2022, post-COVID-greed-era. I hope I don't have to return to watching the same da*mn 40 dvds like I did when I had no WiFi service for 4 months last year! So, any rare, but effective, diagnostic & treatment suggestions would be most appreciated! Thanks!

makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Suddenly being kicked off after using the apps for 6 minutes

@Laura5472-

I really don't know what would cause this.  But these things are just special purpose computers. Like their big brothers sometimes clearing things out by restarting them can correct problems.

Try restarting the set via this menu path:

Settings > System > Power > System restart

Note: On a Roku TV, if you have "Fast TV start" enabled, turning it off and back on just puts the set into and out of a standby state and does NOT give you a complete restart.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Suddenly being kicked off after using the apps for 6 minutes

Search the web for the Roku "clear the cache" button sequence (it starts by pressing Home five times).  They don't like for us to post the various "secret" button sequences here.  If that doesn't work, I'm afraid you're left with a factory reset or getting a separate device and connecting it to the TV.  The latter may be the better option since a new device may perform better than the one embedded in your TV.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos