Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Keeps kicking me out of my apps and back to the home screen

Welcome and thank you for posting here in the Roku Community, @RegretfulBuyer!

Our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused you and we'd be more than happy to be of assistance here.

Please be aware that the relevant Roku team is currently in the process of investigating, correcting, and finding you the best resolution possible. If you want your device to be included in the process, we highly suggest providing us with the following details below since you're currently experiencing the same playback issues with The Roku Channel app:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and current OS version. (this can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Tracker ID (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)

In the meantime, we suggest highlighting the channel tile and pressing the star (*) button on your remote to update the app. 

We'll be looking forward to your response as we are more than eager to help you access it and get back on streaming.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Jerrysruku

What can I do for these

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Jerrysruku,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We're sorry for the trouble with this playback issue, and thanks for notifying us.

We'd like to know when you started seeing the issue occur and what channels you're having this issue with.

In addition, please also share with us the details requested by @RokuCarly.

We'll be looking forward to your update.

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
BJames
Binge Watcher

Rey, once again you moderators never read the posts in this chain.  That information has been shared dozens of times in this chain.  Just read the posts, and the date of the posts that will give you EVERYTHING you are asking for, and other moderators have asked for time after time after time.  

Having the same issue everyone else is having and no resolution from Roku. I get tossed from just about every ap back to the home screen. YouTube is almost a perfect every 3 minutes. I have tried every suggested method to resolve known to mankind.  Unplugging everything. Updating everything. Factory resetting everything. Thoroughly disgusted with the whole thing.  And before you ask me to go to the effort to list my model, serial number, etc..etc...  why do it? Not once has a customer service person from Roku taken that information and done anything with it. 

Same data as above, but new issue ID:  GJ-088-234

Netflix boots me back to home screen after exactly 3 minutes.

Have factory reset ROKU to no avail and tried everything in this thread.

mandy11
Roku Guru

Ah, but you have never tried the permenent solution   
unplug the Roku unit from the TV and take the batteries out of the remote. 
exit the room and find the nearest window. 
open the window and throw the devices as far as you can.

get in the car and go buy a fire stick or any other device other than Roku. 

RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Welcome and thank you for posting here in the Roku Community, @DIsgustedinAK!

It is highly appreciated that you've brought this to our attention and we'd be more than happy to forward the details you've provided to the appropriate Roku team to include your device in the process of investigation. 

From time to time, kindly try to highlight the channel tile and press the star (*) button on your remote to update it and once again, we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

If there's anything else you'd like us to address, please don't hesitate to let us know as we'd be more than happy to assist you anytime.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
dnaylor5
Channel Surfer

The thread is only 6 pages now? 🤔

BJames
Binge Watcher

Wow, just noticed, so they eliminated over 13 pages of complaints.  ROKU keeps getting worse and worse.  They must not want people that have this problem to realize how big it is.  So sad that a company I respected has to resort to these tactics.  I noticed that ROKU "Carly" is suggesting all the failed actions once again.  "Carly" is a robot as are all the other "moderators".  I still have an old ROKU that works great, but now have started getting Fire Sticks and they work great.  After over a year letting them know about this problem, they still have no clue on how to solve it.  So sad.