Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Todd80
Binge Watcher

Re: Keeps kicking me out of my apps and back to the home screen

Your reply is so hilarious 🤣🤣🤣

I love it! 

0 Kudos
Todd80
Binge Watcher

Torches and a pentagram will be needed as well. Oooooo Mighty Roku, we bekon you 🤣🤣🤣

mandy11
Roku Guru

9-1/2 chances out of 10 it won't and you will be back

0 Kudos
MissPriss

I’ve already tried doing all that and more. Maybe it’s Roku’s way of getting some customers if they keep kicking people out of the Apps that they are watching.  
MissPriss

Todd80
Binge Watcher

Thats possible. Ive never noticed if its kicked me out of their app. Mine has been fine for awhile now. 

0 Kudos
fedupwiththis
Channel Surfer

well it is 02/16/2024 and the kicking you back to the home screen is still an issue( for me) and I have tried every suggestion I have rad and NOTHING. SICK OF THIS BS.

0 Kudos
Kathiell
Binge Watcher

So are many others. Roku stock is sinking and soon the entire company. What a waste, small investment in IT and they could have had a great product that sells itself.

0 Kudos
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi Community Users!

Thank you for posting here in the Roku Community!

We appreciate you letting us know about your problem streaming on your Roku device. We will work with you to know what went wrong so we can assist you further and fix the issue. Please tell us more details so that we can better understand the problem you are having.

• How are you powering your Roku device?
  • How far is your device from your network router?
  • Have you tried restarting your network router?
  • Do you have cellular data, so we can try connecting your device to your hotspot?
  • Is the issue happening on all content or channels, or is this isolated to one content or channel? (Specify)
  • What is the software version of your Roku device? (Check on Settings > System > About.)

In the meantime, please try powering your Roku device directly from the wall outlet and not at the back of the TV. You can also try restarting your network router and connecting your Roku device to a mobile hotspot, for there are instances where this is happening depending on how you power your device or the connection of your Roku device to the network.

Let us know how it goes, and we will continue to assist you further. We are eager to hear from you and investigate this matter further. Thank you!

Kind regards,
Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
BJames
Binge Watcher

Eunice, you obviously have not read the comments form DOZENS of uses in this thread!  We have tried all those things.  Further, many of us have stated that we have older Roku devices that work perfectly on our TVs.  You must be a robot that spews out a standard reply when users share a problem.  I have given up on Roku completely.

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @BJames,

Thank you for posting here in the Roku Community!

We want to gather more information about this issue that you're experiencing, and we'll be more than happy to assist you further. May we know what troubleshooting steps you have taken so far? Is this happening on all channels and contents, or is it isolated? (Specify) What Roku device are you using right now? (Roku Express, Roku streaming stick, Roku Ultra, Roku streambar, Roku TV-Specify)

We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thanks,                                                                                                                                                John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos