Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KoHeartsGPA
Reel Rookie

Re: Keeps going back to home screen

Jump to solution

Quit trolling us, that's already been covered, you know it doesn't do anything different, and if you didn't know.... well then it's because you aren't even reading these posts and just giving automated messages.

You suck at costumer service and your devices are **bleep**.

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi, Community users.

Thanks for providing the informaiton and sharing with us the issue you've encountered.

We understand how this issue affects your streaming experience, and we apologize for the inconvenience this has caused. This is not what we aim for. Kindly be informed that the details you've provided us are noted by our team. For the time being, we're closely working on the issue and we'll keep you informed on any further developments from our investigation.

Your patience and understanding are greatly appreciated in the meantime.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Mommyofsix

Jump to solution

I also keep having the same issue. I have 3 Roku TV's. The one in my bedroom hasn't done it yet but the one in my living room and the kids bedroom do it at the same exact time. I have tried watching different apps but it continues to do it. Extremely aggravating!

RokuElmer-H
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi, @Mommyofsix!

Thanks for your first post in the Roku Community!

We can certainly understand your concern that you are having a playback issue with multiple channels.

Try the steps below to help resolve the problem:

1. Check for updates (Settings > System > System update > Check now)
  2. Try removing the channel that you are experiencing the issue with from the Roku home screen. Then, disconnect your device from power for a minute. Plug it back in, then try to add the channel back once more and see if this clears up the issue.
  3. Check Internet connection (Settings > Network > Check Connection) must be "Connected"
  4. Restart your Roku player: Settings > System > Power > System restart (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step).

See more tips and troubleshooting steps for this type of issue here: How to resolve a channel playback issue | Official Roku Support

This should resolve the issue you are experiencing, however, if the issue is still unresolved, please reply and we will be able to assist you further.

Best wishes,
Elmer

Elmer H.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
VSC1

Jump to solution

So this is it? This is the support we all get from Roku? My box started doing this same thing a few weeks back, then seemed to go back to working properly without going back to home screen between episodes. Worked normal for a few weeks, then began to resort back to home screen between series episodes, or when a movie ended. I've done everything stated in this thread EXCEPT the factory reset. I don't want to do the factory reset unless I have all the info I will need to set the box back up. I'm not interested in hunting all the notes on my set up to do this. Is there a way to retrieve, from my Roku box settings, the info that I will need to have if I do the "factory reset"? 
This box is a dinosaur, my tv is a dinosaur, I'm a dinosaur. But we're all good dinosaurs that still work. We need some help.
FCC ID: TC2-R1006

IC: 5959A=R1006

Model: 2720X

0 Kudos
RokuJessica-G
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community, @VSC1!

We understand that you're having an issue with content that keeps returning to the home screen. We'd be happy to help you.

To further investigate the issue, please help us with the following details:

• Can you please specify which channel or channels are affected?
  • When did the issue start?
  • Please provide us with the specific troubleshooting steps you took to resolve the issue.

We eagerly await your response and appreciate your willingness to share your details with us. Thank you!

Best regards,
Jess

Jessica G.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos