Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
StevenCee
Roku Guru

Is there any way to have more consistent volume?

I'm using a Roku TV, and have the latest software update, but it's frustrating how varied the volume levels are from channel to channel. Some Roku channels are very low, others very high, and on some, I can turn the level up far higher than normal, and it's still not very loud. So on one, 75 isn't very loud, while on another, 25 is very loud! Isn't there some sort of volume normalization feature, as found on 20 year old iPods, and other devices?

0 Kudos
18 REPLIES 18
TrooperDada326
Roku Guru

Re: Is there any way to have more consistent volume?

Which Roku TV do you have? I have 2 TCL Roku TV's. While watching something press the * on the remote. Go the the sound settings and enable leveling. 

RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hi @StevenCee

Thanks for the post.

Here are the detailed steps you can follow to enable leveling:

1. Press the Home button on your Roku remote.
  2. Scroll up or down and select Settings.
  3. Select Audio.
  4. Select Volume modes.
  5. Leveling: Enables consistent volume across different types of entertainment so you do not have to change the volume every time you switch channels or a commercial comes on.

If you have a Roku TV, you may be able to adjust manufacturer-specific sound modes from the same options menu described above. 

For more information, this support article may help: How do I use volume modes on my Roku® streaming device?

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
StevenCee
Roku Guru

I too, have a TCL Roku TV,  55", and when I go to the sound settings, there is no option called "leveling".

0 Kudos
StevenCee
Roku Guru

There is no setting called Volume Modes, nor Leveling...

0 Kudos
TrooperDada326
Roku Guru

You have 2 threads going on. I posted on your other comment. What series do you have? How old is it? Even my 32” TCL has those options. It’s a 32S327. Are you using a soundbar or something plugged into HDMI ARC?C76240A4-9BA9-4BF4-827A-CE079DF57DF2.jpeg

0 Kudos
StevenCee
Roku Guru

I don't have anything plugged in for external sound, and no Volume Mode is shown...

0 Kudos
TrooperDada326
Roku Guru

Please provide all the information I asked. Post a picture of the settings you have when you press the * button while streaming. What series is your TV and what version of Roku OS are you using?

0 Kudos
StevenCee
Roku Guru

I gave the info on the other thread, a TCL 55", 625, and the options when I click *  are the same as yours, but there isn't a Volume Mode.  

0 Kudos
TrooperDada326
Roku Guru

Ok so if you Google your series TV those came out in 2019. They are a very budget series TV which is probably why you don’t have those settings. The old story you got what you paid for. 

0 Kudos