Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sprinklesthekid
Reel Rookie

Insufficient power when plugged into the wall

My Roku Express 4K+ suddenly started saying I have insufficient power and to plug into the wall. I've been plugged into the wall the entire time I've owned it, and am using all the original cables and adapters. I have tried all the other troubleshooting suggestions I have found in other posts, but they either don't work at all, or only work for a few days. Please help. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Insufficient power when plugged into the wall

Hi @sprinklesthekid,

Warm greetings from the Roku Community!

We appreciate your report about this error you received on your Roku Streaming device and we'd like to help.

I see that this is somehow a sporadic case and we'd like to know if you observe this happening during a amount period of time while streaming or does this error is rectified after the restart and then comeback for a while. In addition, how long have you been using this device and when did you start seeing the issue occur?

Tell us more about this so that we can further assist you.

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
sprinklesthekid
Reel Rookie

Hi Rey, 

I have had my Roku a little less than a year, and this problem started about 2 months ago. The number of times it tells me I am not connected to power has increased in that time. I the last 2-3 weeks it has also begun spontaneously restarting itself. It happens every day, multiple times a day..

I have gone through this forum extensively and have tried every troubleshooting tip Roku mods have suggested to no avail. 

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

@sprinklesthekid,

Thanks for the update!

We'd like to know if using a different power adapter or another cable helps. But if the issue persists, please get back here and report to us the Tracker ID of this issue.

Provide with us the details when you get the Tracker ID information. Here's how to obtain it: Get ID.

We'll be looking forward to your update!

Regards,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos