Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Im trying to get an extender but roku website is not accepting my serial number

Jump to solution

I am getting a very annoying message that my roku is overheating. Roku recommends that I get an hdmi extender. When I put my information the website says my serial number is not valid. What do I do?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: Im trying to get an extender but roku website is not accepting my serial number

Jump to solution

Hi @Ricaldodepollo

Thanks for the post.

When inputting the serial number, we would suggest making sure to put zeros instead of the letter O. To know your device's exact serial number, navigate to Settings > System > About.

If still no luck, reply here with the serial number of the affected Roku stick for further assistance.

Please keep us posted.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: Im trying to get an extender but roku website is not accepting my serial number

Jump to solution

Hi @Ricaldodepollo

Thanks for the post.

When inputting the serial number, we would suggest making sure to put zeros instead of the letter O. To know your device's exact serial number, navigate to Settings > System > About.

If still no luck, reply here with the serial number of the affected Roku stick for further assistance.

Please keep us posted.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Ricaldodepollo 

Just making sure: you are using a Roku stick, right? What's the model number of your device? Settings > System > About

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

Jump to solution

The serial Number under settings was different than the one outside the device; and it worked. Thank you. 

0 Kudos
makaiguy

Jump to solution

The free HDMI extender offer is for owners of Roku "Streaming Stick" models only, verified by the serial number of your unit.  All other models connect via an HDMI cable that would already have moved the Roku further away from the TV's HDMI port.  And don't quote me, but I *think* the offer is only good for accounts in the USA.

There's nothing special about the Roku "HDMI extender", it's just a short (4 inches or so) HDMI extension cord with an HDMI plug at one end and an HDMI socket at the other. I use one several feet long to locate my Streaming Stick+ in an equipment closet on the other side of the wall from my TV. You may be able to find an HDMI extension locally or at a non-Roku online vendor and get it faster than waiting for Roku to process your order and ship it to you.  Or use a female-to-female HDMI connector to connect your Roku Stick to a regular (non-extension) HDMI cord.

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Well, I own an Express, not a stick. And it is located out in the open where the AC hits. My order went through. I figured the extender wasnt a big deal but I am willing to try it since its free. If problem persists, I’ll switch to another streaming device and throw this in the trash.

0 Kudos
DBDukes

Jump to solution

@Ricaldodepollo 

If it's overheating, you may want to ensure it's getting plenty of airflow around it, as those devices (regardless of brand) are air cooled.

DBDukes
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

MilesT
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

You can order an extender in the UK too. Takes a bit over a week to come in the post.

Not a Roku employee
0 Kudos
rbctech
Reel Rookie

Re: Im trying to get an HDMI Extender Cable but form does not submit

Jump to solution

I purchased a Streaming Sick +. It does not fit in the space for the HDMI connection on the TV. I have setup the Stick+ on another TV but that is not where I will be using this Stick+. I need the HDMI Extender Cable for use on the target TV.

I have filled out the form at www.roku.com/html on 3 different browsers. Entered all the fields. Entered the S/N from the Stick. Tried the S/N from the Account / Linked Device line. The S/N on that line is the same as what is in the Settings/System/Account on the ROKU. I copied the S/N from the web page so there should be no typo issues. No matter what S/N I use, NOTHING HAPPENS when I click Submit. No error message. No box turns red. Just nothing. On 3 browsers: Firefox, Edge, and Chrome.

I am at a loss. How do I order the Extender?

renojim

Re: Im trying to get an HDMI Extender Cable but form does not submit

Jump to solution

@rbctech, I've seen other people state the same thing, but I've never seen a solution.  I think @RokuDanny-R or @RokuKariza-D will have to help you.

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos