Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HollyMc

I have to reload Roku daily after restarting the tv. It acts like it has not been installed.

Jump to solution

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Ello2022
Roku Guru

Re: I have to reload Roku daily after restarting the tv. It acts like it has not been installed.

Jump to solution

Ok now that you have provided more information I can help you. What you are describing indicates your Roku is sleeping. To simply wake it up all you need to do is press the home button on the Roku remote. When you press the physical button on the Roku Stick you are performing a factory reset. That is why this problem is happening. You’re causing a factory reset each time you press that button. What you are seeing is quite normal. It happens to me. I turn my TV on and it says no signal. Then I push the home button on my Roku remote and a few seconds later it pops up. You can try avoiding this by disabling the bandwidth saver function under settings/network. Also check your TV power settings. Many TVs have power settings to power down devices that are plugged into it. Disable that too. Also be sure that your Roku stick is plugged directly into the wall and not into USB TV power. But DO NOT press the reset button on your Roku stick to wake it up. 

View solution in original post

HollyMc

Re: I have to reload Roku daily after restarting the tv. It acts like it has not been installed.

Jump to solution

Thank you! I appreciate your time and responses☺️

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
Ello2022
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Can you please provide more information. Are you using a Roku TV or a Roku device? Which model are you using?

0 Kudos
HollyMc

Jump to solution

I just bought a new 4k streaming stick 3 days ago. This is the third time I tried to open Roku, and had to reboot it and enter all of my info again just like setting it up for the first time

0 Kudos
Ello2022
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Tried to open Roku? You mean turn your TV on? Roku’s do not turn off. There is no on and off button. Are you pushing the reset button on your Roku? Seems to me like your pressing the reset button. Walk me through exactly what’s going on. You turn on your TV then what?

0 Kudos
HollyMc

Jump to solution

When I turn the tv on, then switch the source to Roku, it shows the message that it is not connected. I have tried both pulling out the stick and putting it back in, as well as leaving the stick in pressing the reset button. Then I go through the installation process again - pairing the remote, entering Wi-Fi password, etc.

0 Kudos
Ello2022
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Ok now that you have provided more information I can help you. What you are describing indicates your Roku is sleeping. To simply wake it up all you need to do is press the home button on the Roku remote. When you press the physical button on the Roku Stick you are performing a factory reset. That is why this problem is happening. You’re causing a factory reset each time you press that button. What you are seeing is quite normal. It happens to me. I turn my TV on and it says no signal. Then I push the home button on my Roku remote and a few seconds later it pops up. You can try avoiding this by disabling the bandwidth saver function under settings/network. Also check your TV power settings. Many TVs have power settings to power down devices that are plugged into it. Disable that too. Also be sure that your Roku stick is plugged directly into the wall and not into USB TV power. But DO NOT press the reset button on your Roku stick to wake it up. 

HollyMc

Jump to solution

Thank you! I appreciate your time and responses☺️

0 Kudos
Ello2022
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@HollyMc  Did you figure out the issue?

0 Kudos