Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Everdawn

Hulu Live freezing after 30 seconds on all Roku devices.

I have four Roku devices. Today all four of them started having an issue when starting to play either Hulu live TV or recorded live shows, it will play for about 30 seconds then freezes then goes back to the beginning of the program. I tested it on my Samsung smart TV, and Hulu is working fine there. It is also working fine on the smartphone.  It is only having the issue with Roku devices. And it started happening on all four Roku devices today.  I am assuming that it has something to do with a recent update.  My devices are Roku Express and Roku Ultra.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Hulu Live freezing after 30 seconds on all Roku devices.

Hi @Everdawn,

Thanks for your first post in the Roku Community!

We're sorry to hear that you've been having trouble with playing content on the Hulu channel. We will work with you to know what went wrong so we can assist you further and fix the issue.

We recommend performing the below steps in order and see if you can resolve the issue:

1. Remove the channel from the Roku device
  2. Power cycle the Roku device, by disconnecting it from the power cable and reconnecting the device back to power.
  3. Re-add the channel back to the Roku device

We also suggest checking for an app update by highlighting the channel tile, pressing the * button, and selecting update.

To help troubleshoot the issue further, follow this link: How to resolve a channel playback issue | Official Roku Support

Please try doing this and see if it helps with what you're experiencing.

Sincerely,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos