Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hdpalms
Channel Surfer

How to initiate a warranty claim

I bought a Roku express about a month ago. Setup was simple and it worked fine. Yesterday went to use it and it won’t work. If I unplug it or reset etc the power light comes on, blinks for a minute then turns off. Nothing appears on the tv screen at all. I have spent hours reading online and tried replacing both cords, different power adapter, tried it on a different tv and everything else I could find to try. The result is the same every time. 
I have now spent an extended time trying to figure out how to start a warranty claim and can not find anything useful. Can anyone tell me where to start?

0 Kudos
16 REPLIES 16
Strega
Roku Guru

Re: How to initiate a warranty claim

This page should tell you.

https://support.roku.com/article/208757058

0 Kudos
Hdpalms
Channel Surfer

@Strega That must be the same article I found online but when I click on the link it just takes me to Roku support and I can’t see any article.

0 Kudos
Strega
Roku Guru

Hmm.  It looks like that page works from the US, but not from a few other countries that I tried.  Where are you, and does the country selector in the lower right corner of most roku.com pages agree with you?

0 Kudos
Hdpalms
Channel Surfer

@Strega I am in Canada and the location at the bottom says Canada. 

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hey @Hdpalms 
Welcome to the Roku Community!

We understand that you want a warranty claim since your Roku Express is not working, and you have already attempted troubleshooting steps to resolve the issue. We'll extend our help and further assist you. Here's how to initiate a request for a warranty exchange.

1. Open a web browser on your phone, tablet, or computer and visit support.roku.com
  2. Select Check support options from the bottom of any page.
  3. From the "Let's find your best support options" screen, select Return/Replace.
  4. Specify whether your purchase was made directly from Roku (at Roku.com), or from a different retailer.
    Note: If your Roku product was not purchased from the Roku website, contact the retailer where you purchased your product for a refund, if eligible.

For more info, you can visit this article,  Step-by-step instructions for returns and warranty replacements. If you have any more inquiries that we can further assist you with, keep us posted.

Sending you the best,

Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
Strega
Roku Guru

@RokuTakashi  - I just wanted to mention that your step-by-step link does not work, if the person clicking it is in Canada, or several other countries I tried.  You should probably ask your website people to do something about that.

0 Kudos
Hdpalms
Channel Surfer

@Strega thank you for your responses. 

0 Kudos
gb1a

i have found roku warranty service a scam.   no way i can initiate a simple replacement on their website

0 Kudos
gb1a

roku warranty service a scam

i have found roku warranty service a scam.   no way i can initiate a simple replacement on their website spent more time looking for how to replace a broken remote than just buying a new one.

While I do like my Roku - will never buy one and will tell friends not to buy either

0 Kudos