Solving playback issues

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
C_I
Level 13

Re: Lip sync audio and visual lagging

Jump to solution

@Rhb43 wrote:

I just noticed my Ultra on a Samsung TV is having the sync issues with Netflix.  Appears to only happen after pausing a show.  I have to restart the show to correct it.

Go to settings>system>system reset

0 Kudos
EErickson05
Level 9

Jump to solution

I'm curious to know what setup is being used where users are experiencing a delay. I get a delay when trying to pass-through Dolby audio from my Tv to my soundbar using an optical connection, this was a well known issue over Arc as well.  Changing to PCM fixes the delay however that limits me to stereo and not surround sound.  I want to invest in a new soundbar now that the 9.4 update supports eArc.  My issue is the bar I'm considering does not allow Dolby Vision pass-through so I would not be able to bypass the audio delay (if present) by connecting my source to the bar, and then passing through to the Tv and retain Dolby Vision.  However if the 9.4 fixed the delay that people have been experiencing with Dolby over Arc from the tv to a soundbar, I can buy the soundbar I like and not worry about Dolby vision passthrough being supported because now I can plug the source directly to the TV and pass through Dolby to my bar with no delay.  Has the 9.4 eArc update fixed this delay issue?

0 Kudos
DJB62
Level 9

Jump to solution

This sis not a solution by switching it to stero as you are losing the Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround Tracks.

0 Kudos
EErickson05
Level 9

Jump to solution

Agreed. 

0 Kudos
nv1
Level 9

Jump to solution

Using Roku Express+ 2810, composite output with traditional analog TV (AV input, stereo). Was working ok until a few days ago when the audio went out of sync by a few frames. I've tried options available to me, including fiddling with audio settings, resetting device, checked that software is up to date, etc, but still can't get it to sync. Obviously I'm not an experience streamer, but this happens on some programs on Roku Channel, Criterion Channel, TCM and Amazon Prime Video; those are the only ones I watch but I assume it's the same on other channels. Any way to fix this on my device? Thanks.  

0 Kudos
gjw13
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thank you!  I have been reading all the various solutions posted and out of all of them this worked.

I have a TCLROKU tv which i have had for about 6 months.

0 Kudos
DJB62
Level 9

Re: Audio Out of Sync - lagging

Jump to solution

Unfortunately the lip sync problems  seems to be an issue with my Roku Express following the 9 4 firmware update that i received in November 2020 on all streaming apps  except Google play where the Lip Sync on 5.1 Dolby Digital surround track is perfect and i havent seen from Roku that its working on Resolving the issue that from the community posts is affecting our enjoyment using this product.

nv1
Level 9

Jump to solution

The sync issue started when my Roku Express updated to software version 9.4.0.  Still no response or fix from Roku. 

AntV
Level 7

Jump to solution

Is Roku support planning to address this. The Lag is the worst it has been. 

0 Kudos
ZandS
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thank you. Put audio off, then on, and audio synced with lips for speech.

@MattC wrote:
I've recently been having this issue with my Roku express, changing volume mode to 'off' seems to have done the trick for now!

Thank you

@MattC wrote:
I've recently been having this issue with my Roku express, changing volume mode to 'off' seems to have done the trick for now!

Thank you

0 Kudos