Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to fix broken headphone jack that is stuck

My headphone jack is broke and is permanently stuck on thinking I have headphones plugged in I have no idea on how to bypass this I went and bought a new Vizio sound bar and subwoofer and it's still not allowing any sound and says that I have headphones plugged in how do I fix this problem?

2 REPLIES 2
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: How to fix broken headphone jack that is stuck

If you know your way around electronics you take it apart and try to fix it.  Otherwise, get a new remote.  If it's still under warranty...

Step-by-step instructions for returns and warranty replacements | Official Roku Support

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos

Re: How to fix broken headphone jack that is stuck

saw a youtube video the guy basically shorted the audio jack pins.(i have the same problem except if i dared to shake tv again  can hear the audio jack rattle around lol). if at the point of having to sodder_short pins may as well get a new audio jack and solder 3 more and have a functional jack. itll only take a coupkle minutes....when i can rememevber lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3FdtGQ8zpo

i find it odd this isnt able to be bypassed at a software level as it seens common

0 Kudos