Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
auntpam
Reel Rookie

Re: How to fix Netflix not working on my Roku streaming device

I figured it out. I highlighted Netflix, then chose more options, then chose reset channel. From there I was able to put in my new password.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hello @auntpam 

I hope you're doing well.

We are glad that you were able to resolve your issue with Netflix. In case the issue resurfaced, please let us know so we can assist you further.

Have a great day!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
CWeather
Reel Rookie

Netflix quit working on my Roku TV 4 days ago.  I have tried all of the suggested fixes (remove channel, turn off TV, restart and add channel)and it continues to load properly but the selected movie quits and Netflix shuts down after about 2 minutes.

0 Kudos
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Hello @CWeather

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

If the issue persists from one channel after attempting the suggestions above, videos from other channels play fine, contact the channel provider's customer support team to report the issue and get help.

Channels on Roku are maintained by the channel developer themselves. In this case, there's likely an issue within that specific channel that needs to be addressed with an update from them.

You can reach them here: Netflix support 

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos
CWeather
Reel Rookie

Update:  I was able to fix my issue by accident exploring my account.  I enabled guest sharing option and my TV kind of went blank.  I then disabled guest sharing and after that, it worked perfectly.  I don't care how it worked, but happy to have netflix back!!

0 Kudos
Esal1
Reel Rookie

All videos on my Netflix play for 5-30 sec and then the video pauses.  I can press play and it will pause again over and over.   I have tried removing the channel, restart, add the channel as well as a full factory reset and continue having the same problem.   I have other Roku that work just fine.  

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Esal1,

Thanks for your first post in the Roku Community!

We appreciate you informing us about the playback issue with the Netflix channel along with the troubleshooting steps you've done so far to try to resolve the issue.

We would be more than happy to look further into this issue but will need more details. Can you please provide us with the following information:

1. When did this issue first start occurring?
  2. Do you observe this behavior while using any other channel(s) on your device?
  3. Do you receive any error codes or messages? If yes, please let us know.
  4. What Roku model device are you using?
  5. Did you make any changes to your connection recently?

Some channels and services can be restored by performing a system update. You can check for a manual system update by navigating to Home > Settings > System > System update > Check now.

Please keep us posted and we'll continue assisting you from there.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Esal1
Reel Rookie

Hi Mary/Roku,

Thanks for your reply. 

1. When did this issue first start occurring?
    1. I'm unsure, this roku is the least used in my household.
  2. Do you observe this behavior while using any other channel(s) on your device?
    1. No, all other channels work fine.  Hulu, Disney, Prime Video, PBS Kids, Youtube
  3. Do you receive any error codes or messages? If yes, please let us know.
    1. No error codes.  I'm able to start playing a video and then it stops like it might be buffering, however it never starts playing again until I back out of the video and start it up again to repeat the process.
  4. What Roku model device are you using?
    1.  Roku Ultra Model 4800X
  5. Did you make any changes to your connection recently?
    1. No.  This roku is wirelessly connected to the router.  This is also unlikely a network issue, as I am able to play videos on my phone or another roku while this issue continues to have issues with just Netflix.
  6. Updates
    1. My system claims it is up to date.  Software version 11.5.0  Build 4312
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have been having issues with Netflix on my Roku for months now and nothing i do seems to fix it. I have tried everything besides doing a factory reset, which it's looking like may be the only option i have left. All other apps work on my Roku, it is only Netflix that does this. If something could be done about this it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Eric

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

@Esal1

Thanks for following up and providing us with more details about the issue you are seeing. 

May we ask if have you tried to remove the channel and see if it helps? If you haven't tried it yet, you can remove the affected channel and re-install it. To ensure the process is successful, restart your device before adding the channel back in. We would recommend doing this from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > System restart.

Still no luck? kindly keep us posted and provide us the Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID). 

Let us know how it goes.

Regards, 
Nimfa

0 Kudos