Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jack63ss
Reel Rookie

How to clear "Watched" state from a show episode.

I would like to reset the "Watched" status of episodes for a certain show, kind of like "Mark as Unread" in email. I have watched most of them, but do not always let them run to the end, so if I watch a prior show and it runs thru "Go to Next Show", I wind up hung on the "Resume/Start from Beginning" prompt. I just want to clear all that status and start all over.

However, I understand this may not be a Roku issue, as the channels may be keeping the status themselves. If anyone has any suggestions, I would appreciate it.
Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Re: How to clear "Watched" state from a show episode.

Hi @jack63ss

Thank you for the inquiry!

To reset the "Watched" status of episodes for a certain show on Roku, follow these steps:

• Go to the Roku home screen and navigate to the channel where the show is located.
  • Select the show you want to reset the "Watched" status for.
  • Press the * button on your remote control to bring up the options menu.
  • Select "Remove episode from history" or "Clear watch history" to reset the "Watched" status for the show.

We hope it helps!

Warm regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: How to clear "Watched" state from a show episode.

@jack63ss wrote:

However, I understand this may not be a Roku issue, as the channels may be keeping the status themselves. If anyone has any suggestions, I would appreciate it.

Your suspicion is correct.  This information would be kept on the servers of the individual channels, and the manner of accessing it will vary with how each channel has programmed its app.  In some cases you may need to log into your account on the channel's website to manage this data.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos