Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MelaSN42
Reel Rookie

Hisense TV's Roku lags & crashes for most apps

My Hisense TV with built-in in Roku keeps lagging & crashing to the home screen for pretty much every app except for YouTube. My software for it & the apps is up to date, my connection is great, and the portable Roku stick I use on other TVs doesn't have this issue at all. It just started doing this in the past three weeks. Any help would be appreciated (ideally before this affects the ability to watch the Royal Rumble). Thanks.

44 REPLIES 44
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Hisense TV's Roku lags & crashes for most apps

Hi @MelaSN42,

Greetings from the Roku Community!
We understand you're having a problem with the Roku TV since it lags and crashes the channels. We're happy to help you. Please try to restart your modem and router. After restarting your wireless network connection or Wi-Fi, you may also need to restart your Roku TV by going to settings, system, power, and system restart.

If the problems still exist, please keep us posted.

All the best,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
MelaSN42
Reel Rookie

Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately, even after I followed both of those steps, it would still crash. In fact, this time, it would restart the whole TV when it crashed, and it would happen after about 5 minutes of viewing. Is there anything else to suggest? Thanks.

RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @MelaSN42,

Thank you for posting here in the Roku Community!
We'd love to further investigate this issue that you're experiencing with Roku TV. Did we recently make any changes to your network or network provider? Are your other devices able to connect to the network without any issues or latency? Do you have cellular data, so we can try connecting your device to your hotspot?

With detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
mel1950

This happens to us on pretty much ALL apps.  Streaming freezes up and kicks you out to home screen or the TV restarts itself.  Just like you, it doesn't happen with roku DEVICES connected to other TVs with USB.  It only happens on our Hisense Roku TV (with built in roku).  Internet connection is great, all apps are up to date, even uninstalled and reinstalled apps and it still happens.  Before even attempting to use apps such as Netfilx or Prime Video, we have to turn off Hisense Roku TV, unplug, wait 30 seconds, replug, restart TV and then they don't crash.  This is totally ridiculous.  It only started happening a few months ago.  It didn't happen for first couple of years when TV was newer. 

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @mel1950 

It's always great to see new users around here in the Roku Community.

We understand that you're experiencing an issue with apps on Roku that freezes and kicks you out to the Home Screen, and we appreciate your efforts in the attempt to resolve the issue. We would be more than happy to look into this issue and we'll need more information. Can you please provide us with the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version. (These can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • What channel and what version/build is the channel that is having the issue? (This can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button).
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs. (When you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).
  • A photo or video clip referring to the issue,

We look forward to hearing back from you with the information requested.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
SourceEnergy
Channel Surfer

Exact same issue here. I have done every soft and hard reset available and apps just keep crashing over and over, constantly bringing me to a black screen and then the green screen with the hisense-roku logo. My TV is basically unusable. Feeling like I got ripped off. 

RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Welcome and thank you for posting here in the Roku Community, @SourceEnergy!

It is highly appreciated that you've reached out to us for support and we'd be more than happy to find you the best resolution to help you get back on streaming.

Before we proceed, could you please confirm if this happens to all of the apps available on your channel lineup? If not, can you please provide us with the specific apps affected by this? 

In the meantime, we suggest checking for available software updates under Settings > System > Software update > Check Now. If your software is up to date and the issue is still persistent, kindly connect your Hisense Roku TV to an alternative network connection to see if this will make any difference. Perhaps a mobile hotspot would do.

We'll be anticipating your update as we would be more than willing to help you resolve this. 

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
SourceEnergy
Channel Surfer

Hi Carly. In regards to connecting our TV to a different network, we recently moved and it happened while using our previous AT&T provided service, as well as our current Spectrum - so I don't think the problem is the internet. It happens on most apps. NBC, HULU, MAX pretty much don't work at all. Netflix, Paramount. Etc work on occasion. Youtube seems to be the only one that is reliable. I hope this helps and you can provide a solution asap. Thanks. 

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thank you for the added information, @SourceEnergy.

We appreciate you for clarifying your concern and we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

In this case, we will coordinate this with our relevant team for further investigation and correction. With this being said, kindly provide us with the following details below so we can review your device:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and current OS version. (this can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Tracker ID (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)
  • Troubleshooting steps you've tried to try and resolve this.

We'll be looking forward to your response!

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos