Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mrw429

HBO Max app stuck on three dot loading screen

This did not work for me. Still blank screen after the three dots.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Re: HBO Max app stuck on three dot loading screen

Hi @Mrw429

Welcome to the Roku Community. 

We'd like to know more about the issue you are experiencing. When did the issue start? Does the issue only occur on this specific channel or all channels on your Roku device? What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to try to resolve the issue?

Did you restart your Roku device before re-installing the channel? That step is crucial when performing troubleshooting. If you haven't tried the suggested order (remove > restart > re-install), we would recommend giving it a shot once again. We also suggest doing the restart from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.) > System restart.

Please keep us posted on what you find out. 

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos
Mercedesmonster
Reel Rookie

I am having the same issue!! I’ve deleted and reinstall the app, I have restarted my system multiple times, nothing is working! It just pops up a blank screen, shows three dots, and then it goes black and stays like that

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Mercedesmonster,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

We appreciate you for letting us know about the playback issue when accessing the HBO Max channel.

When removing a channel, it's important that you make sure to restart your Roku device before adding the channel back again to ensure a clean channel install. If you are still unable to resolve the issue.

If the issue persists, please refer to the Support article here for additional troubleshooting steps: How to resolve a channel playback issue | Official Roku Support

If the steps provided by the Support page still aren't helping, please reply back and we will be able to assist you further.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos