Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
outlaw30-06
Binge Watcher

Re: HBO Max: An unknown error has occurred. Please contact TV provider

Jump to solution

Issue report tracker info for same error reported above

Model: 3900RW Roku express

Serial Number: YG000F208823

Software Version: 12.0.0

Build: 4186-51

GC Version: 9.3.516

Timestamp: 2023-06-13T14:05:18Z

Issue ID: 23-235-565

I also get the same error with MAX and get same message on my TCL Roku TV and my Roku stick. This has been happening since May 23 approximately. 

0 Kudos
outlaw30-06
Binge Watcher

Re: HBO max not working - Unknown Error contact my TV provider.

Jump to solution

Your solution is not a solution. Your solution of unsubscribing from the channel and removing it, causes the current subscribers, who are considered legacy max subscribers to pay five dollars more a month for the exact same app that they are currently paying for to not be able to access content. For example, as a legacy max subscriber, I am currently paying $15.99 a month for the ad, free tier. But, if I unsubscribe in order to remove this channel to correct the bugs that Roku/HBO or vice versa created, I will now have to pay $20 a month for the exact same dysfunctional app. (kind of a brilliant ploy from these two mega companies if you think about it.) After three weeks of dealing with this problem, and trying to find a solution and getting zero help from either HBO or Roku, I have decided that we will be removing all of our Roku devices from this house, which means six TVs or streaming devices one in each bedroom, one in the living room and one on the deck, and going with a different streaming option moving forward. Roku is a very large company now making big bank and this type of **bleep** is bogus when you can’t even get a live person to help you with this type of issue because they will only help you on a live call if you are a setting up a new device or canceling or starting a paid subscription of some sort. Absolutely absurd. So 10 years on Roku down the drain because I am tired of this. 

0 Kudos