Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CableBoy
Roku Guru

Re: Gray screen, static clicks, tapping with freezing jumping since new release 12.0.0

Here is a short video of the problem:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6tjN9dUsCs

0 Kudos
CableBoy
Roku Guru

Re: Gray screen, static clicks, tapping with freezing jumping since new release 12.0.0

Hi John,

I am getting conflicting information. You are telling me that the Roku 3 "will no longer get new features, or updates to existing channels."

But the Roku 3 is still listed on the

Updatable Roku models List

The following models are no longer manufactured, but can run the latest Roku OS

!!! Please see the following link. I am so confused.

https://developer.roku.com/docs/specs/hardware.md

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @CableBoy

Thanks for the post. 

We appreciate you for sharing with us a video regarding the issue you've encountered. We'd like to gather additional information regarding the issue so we can forward it to the appropriate Roku team for investigation. Kindly provide the details below:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version. (These can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • What channel and what version/build is the channel that is having the issue? (This can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button).
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs. (When you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).

Once we have this information, our team will acknowledge this. Further investigation will be conducted into this issue.

We hope for your response.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
CableBoy
Roku Guru

Thank you RokuTakashl. I appreciate all your help getting this information to support.

Here is all the information you requested.

• Roku device model = 4230X Roku 3
  • serial number = 6325A3177248,
  • device ID = (NOT SURE WHAT THIS IS),
  • software OS/version = 12.5.5 BUILD 4174-04
  • What channel and what version/build is the channel that is having the issue? = YOUTUBE version 2.20 build 110005159
  • Tracker ID = 48-145-166
  • GC version: 11.2.23
  • Timestamp: 2024-04-10T19:26:25Z
  • Description of problem at this time. Video OK, but NO audio
  • I am using a Ethernet wired connection to the router

If you need any more information, I will be happy to provide what ever is need to get this fixed. If you want other tests run, just let me know. Thanks

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

We appreciate you for providing the requested details, @CableBoy 

We'll send this over to the appropriate Roku team for review and investigation. Once more development and progress have been acquired regarding the investigation, we'll provide an update in this thread.

Your patience and understanding are greatly appreciated.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos