Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CableBoy
Roku Guru

Re: Gray screen, static clicks, tapping with freezing jumping since new release 12.0.0

Software level is 12.5.5 build 4174-04

0 Kudos
CableBoy
Roku Guru

Re: Gray screen, static clicks, tapping with freezing jumping since new release 12.0.0

Sorry it took so long, but I did capture the problem/issue on video.  Its at:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6tjN9dUsCs

I hope this helps... A picture is worth 1,000 words.

Thanks

0 Kudos
CableBoy
Roku Guru

Most of the time, I just lose the audio... I will post some more videos of this problem.

0 Kudos
CableBoy
Roku Guru

I just did a Factory Reset and reload of my 27 apps.

No change.

0 Kudos
CableBoy
Roku Guru

Just for reference, the version of YouTube I am using is 2.20 and the build is 110005159.

0 Kudos
Gr9

I have this same issue!!! It's been going on for a long time but it's getting worse. Following. 

0 Kudos
CableBoy
Roku Guru

Hello Gr9,

Sorry to hear you are having the same problem. I assume you are using the Roku 3?

The story that I am hearing is that its a YouTube software issue and nobody wants to fix it.

Maybe is Roku took the YouTube channel off Roku for a short period of time, YouTube will get it fixed?

I have run out of ideas. I am not sure how to contact Roku or YouTube. Maybe the support people don't even know about the problem?

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @CableBoy,

Thank you for the updates!

Please be advised that this device will no longer get new features, or updates to existing channels. You can keep using your Roku player to stream the channels you currently have. However, you may lose access to some channels over time as those channel partners make updates.

If you have any other questions or concerns, please let us know.

Regards,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Gr9,

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community, and thanks for letting us know!

We want to further investigate this issue that you had. Is this happening on all contents and channels, or is it isolated? (Specify) What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far?

With detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
CableBoy
Roku Guru

Hi John,

I have done a factory  reset.

Cleared cache. 

Reload all 27 apps

It occurs mostly with YouTube. Once it starts to act up, only rebooting clears the problem. For a little while anyway. Then it returns. The more you stop, advance or reverse, the faster the problem occurs.  

Some times I lose the video (get a gray screen) other time the video is fine, but I lose the audio. Some time both.

Please note: There are lots of people experiencing this problem. So it is pretty common with the Roku 3.  

0 Kudos