Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jetprop8
Streaming Star

GLOBAL APP NOT FULLY WORKING FOR ME

They don't have a contact number, I've sent emails with no response.

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Re: GLOBAL APP NOT FULLY WORKING FOR ME

Hi @Jetprop8,

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

We'd like to gather more information about the issue you're running into. A few questions here to better understand what you're experiencing:

1. Does the issue only occur on a specific channel or all channels on your Roku device?
2. Are you receiving error messages or codes when accessing the channel?
3. What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to try to resolve the issue? Have you removed the channel, restart the device the add the channel back? Note: Please make sure to restart your Roku device after removing the channel and before adding the channel back to ensure the process is successful.
4. What are you seeing on screen? Can you provide a screenshot of the issue you are experiencing?

We recommend starting here to troubleshoot any channel playback issues: How to resolve a channel playback issue 

Please keep us posted and we'll continue assisting you from there.

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos
Fembury
Binge Watcher

Since global updated their format **bleep** has not worked at all. It was not great before but now it is impossible. To choose a channel to watch I scroll. But when I am prepared to pick a Channel  the app will not stop where I indicate. And rolls past everything. I have  Contacted their support. They need several messages before they reply and then they just send some formatted message that tells you how to activate the app. 

I hope you can resolve,this. Please 

RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Fembury,

Thanks for posting to the Roku Community!

We're happy to assist you with your problem since you cannot select a channel and it rolls past everything. Please follow these steps:

1. Press Home on your Roku remote.
  2. Scroll and select Settings.
  3. Select System.
  4. Select Power. If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.
  5. Select System restart.

Let us know if this works for you.
All the best,
Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
Jetprop8
Streaming Star

Pardon my delay in responding @RokuKarla
1) The issues are with both Global TV and the CTV app
2) Yes at times I get error codes from Global and have to keep signing in on my desktop
3) Yes, I have removed the app and had to start over again
4) Message “you are not signed in”. No I can not provide a screen shot.
There are serious issues with both Global TV and CTV app. All my other apps work just fine:
For example: Plex, Pluto, Netflix work without issues. On the customer feedback menu, I have
reported these issues over and over again. It appears I am not the only one having issues with these Canadian TV apps and you should instruct these large network TV companies to fix their apps, not the customers. Thank you.

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for the added information, @Jetprop8.

Since you've done the troubleshooting procedures possible to no avail, we highly suggest reaching out to their Customer Support for further assistance and advice. Please be aware that most apps on the Roku streaming platform, including the Global TV and CTV app, are being created, updated, and maintained by the channel provider independently. 

Here's how you can contact them:

Let us know if there's anything else we can be of assistance with. We'd be glad to help. 

Kind regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Fembury
Binge Watcher

I had  that problem. Global did not help at all.  But the steps Eunice suggested seemed to work. I’m not sure if the problem actually resolved itself and that system  restart completed it. Or what. The problem began when global decided to change their format. 

How I resolved it on mine was remove the global app multiple times. And then finally I just removed it completely and ignored it for a a couple of days. Then did the check for updates again and then reinstall it, and then check for updates again. And then finally that system restart written by Eunice. And tada. It worked. Not very scientific or logical. But who cares. When you don’t get any help from the provider of the app, you do what is available.   

It’s kind of like the nonsense GEM is giving us now. 

Jetprop8
Streaming Star

I have had to update the app even before I open it from the Roku menu, every time. I also remove and delete the app numerous times. That does not fix the problem, the problem is with the app itself. Once a user signs up to the app (and I had to confirm I had an internet provider which is Cogeco) that should be enough. But what kept happening is that the app on my TV did not allow me to view the shows I was already paying Cogeco to watch on my TV. Global is still is a horrible app. Although this is not Roku's fault or problem I hope they can advise Global to fix their faulty app. I use other apps like Tubi and Pluto where i don't have to sign in with my internet provider and they work far better. That's just a fact. I would eventually remove Global completely once I sign up with other apps. Thanks for listening. I don't need any responses back. Their customer service dept is useless and try to blame the viewer.

0 Kudos