Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lmacmil2
Channel Surfer

Freshly formatted MicroSD card says 100% full-solved

Today I noticed that the installed 4GB microSD card was not recognized by my Roku Ultra.  I removed it, formatted it on the computer and re-installed it.  Then I formatted on the Roku.  When I checked the status, it said 100% used!  How is that possible?  I did not add any apps after I formatted it.  In fact, I removed several apps that I don't use.  I removed it and put it in the PC and it shows it's empty.  Put it back in the Roku, formatted it again and noticed that after it finished, a quick message about refreshing channels (I don't remember the exact wording) and again it shows 100% full.  Even if it did automatically put some channels on the card, I can't believe it could fill 4GB in the 3 or 4 seconds that message was on the screen.

Any ideas as to why a freshly formatted SD card would show 100% full?

==========

Update:  apparently the SD card had become write protected, even though it allowed both the PC and the Roku to format it.  I tried all the remedies Google suggested and nothing worked.  I put in a 8GB SD card and it shows only 6% full.