Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Docoholo

Fixing audio conversions or per app audio modes?

I have a Roku ultra latest hardware revision and a Denon X3800 receiver with 3.1 speaker setup.

My problem is that (1) in auto mode roku takes stereo sources (like YouTube) and formats them as Atmos which means a receiver will not try to make a center channnel or subwoofer signal using prologic rather than just passing stereo pcm to be proglogic’d by the avr and (2) the “pass through” mode takes Atmos sources (like Disney plus) and downconverts the Atmos into DD+ by destroying the center channel.

Neither of these are what i would think would be expected behavior. I would expect that in auto mode, Atmos would be passed as Atmos and stereo would be passed in stereo. I do not expect upconversion of stereo to Atmos and I do not expect down conversion of Atmos to Dolby digital plus to drop the center signal. 

Anyhow, there is no audio mode in roku where both Disney plus (Atmos passes as Atmos) and YouTube will work correctly (stereo to Prologic to center channel).

Assuming that these audio modes can’t be fixed (hardware is hard) is there a way we can get audio modes to be sticky per app? This way I don’t have to ask my kids to constantly change audio modes when switching from YouTube to Disney plus.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Fixing audio conversions or per app audio modes?

Sorry, nope.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos