Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reelexpress
Reel Rookie

Factory Reset - now cannot get any channels. 12.5 showing as latest software

Roku was not responding after, new batteries, moving TV and Roku Express 4K next to Wireless Router. 

Updated to latest software, which is currently 12.5 as stated on Roku website and on device. It will not connect to any channels, the entire unit is blank. 

Says: (The Roku Channel Store Service is currently unavailable. Please try again later) Has been like that for 2 days. Internet has no issues. 

How do I get channels back ?

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
taylork
Channel Surfer

Re: Factory Reset - now cannot get any channels. 12.5 showing as latest software

How long have you waited?   I had to wait a day (or 11pm EST) and then it worked for me.                              

makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Factory Reset - now cannot get any channels. 12.5 showing as latest software

Settings > Network > Check connection

Do you get checkmarks in all 3 circles?

Added later: I know this seems counter-intuitive, but you can actually be TOO close to the router, such that the WiFi signal overwhelms the Roku.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
Reelexpress
Reel Rookie

Got to the bottom of it, 

Setup my phones hot spot and was able to setup roku box, connect to Roku and reload all apps. Tested Netflix and all worked. Once I switch back to home wireless it seemed to continue to work. (Thanks to whoever said they waited a day)

Phoned up the ISP service provider and turns out a ship in East Africa dragged anchor and damaged an under sea cable, which supplies internet to most of the continent. This has affected the entire continent of Africa in mainly any traffic that is coming from the U.S. certain applications and certain Websites. Its mainly a service provider issue, as there are many different ISP providers. Everything works fine on cellular data, via a hotspot from a phone. No issues with home wireless on anything else. This woukd only really help anyone in Africa around match 2024. 

0 Kudos
taylork
Channel Surfer

Yes, I get 3 check marks. I have multiple Rokus at various ranges. Note that applications all work great when I can get to them.

0 Kudos