Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Dolby vision not working with Netflix

@mkbnj

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
mkbnj
Streaming Star

Hi Danny,

Thanks for responding. When I went to check, I left my NAD T778 AVR powered off, and Dolby Vision worked fine. When powered on, I get the white noise. It seems this might be an issue with the AVR.

To answer your questions:

1. Model 4800x

serial X01000W5MPVW

OS 10.5.0 - build 4208-C2

2. occurs on both Netflix (V5.2 build 98096432) and Apple (V8.1 build 84)

3. tracker id VW-117-453

4. Steps: Playing Dolby Vision content from Netflix or Apple, through NAD T778 AVR to Sony 65A80J.

I will also check with NAD.

Thanks

Marty

0 Kudos
tyger
Channel Surfer

I am having the same exact problem, with the screen being stuck on that snowy, static-y, greenish picture. Unplugging the tv does fix the problem, but anyone else know another fix? I'm hoping this can be fixed another way.

0 Kudos
Bjenkins

I’m having this issue on my tv too. It wouldn’t play certain content. I only recently connected the dots to Dolby vision content. It plays other content just fine. I’ve noticed it across several apps like vudu and Netflix. I tried playing stranger things and it won’t work. I have a TCL Roku TV A114X 65R635. Software version 11.0.0 build 4193-88.

0 Kudos
Bjenkins

Well, right after I posted I decided to do a full restart of the tv from the tv power settings menu, and now it plays Dolby vision content just fine.

0 Kudos