Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Picard747
Reel Rookie

Dolby not working. Again. 2 units have done the same thing

I have a denon receiver and a roku express 4K plus. Everything was working fine and all of a sudden I could get nothing but stereo on my reciver. My receiver will always tell me what Dolby is being passed through by my roku weather it be atmos or 5.1 or Dolby plus everything works fine, and then it didn't. I replaced all the HDMI cables. I rebooted my receiver and the roku device and nothing fixed it. I finally bought a second unit, and it has been working fine. 5 months later the new one is doing the same thing. Noticed the unit was hot. Let it cool down and that did not fix it either. Everything is set to auto like normal. None of the buttons have been changed. Is there a fix or do I have to buy a third unit?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Dolby not working. Again. 2 units have done the same thing

Welcome, and thank you for posting here at the Roku Community, @Picard747!

No worries, as we are here to find you the best resolution possible. 

Kindly refer to our Support article: Why is 4K Dolby Vision not working on my Roku streaming player? to help you figure out what is happening to your device, as well as give you assistance to enable this. 

We'll be looking forward to your update, as we are more than willing to help you out with this. 

Kind regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos