Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
trh70470
Reel Rookie

Dolby Vision Causing Roku Ultra 4802X to Crash

Jump to solution

I just bought a new Roku Ultra 4802X (newly released in 2022). Dolby Vision content (across different apps) causes the Roku to crash every time. I have no issues with any other content. I confirmed this issue is just on the new Roku 4802X. I plugged in a different Roku Ultra to the same TV and have had no issues. I also plugged in the 4802X to a different TV and Dolby Vision continues to crash. I did a factory reset-continues to crash. Has anyone else had the same issue or should I assume mine is a defective unit?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
trh70470
Reel Rookie

Re: Dolby Vision Causing Roku Ultra 4802X to Crash

Jump to solution

@DBDukes 

The image and sound freeze for a few seconds before the screen goes black. It then freezes on a black screen for 5-10 seconds before rebooting.

From what I can tell it was probably a defective device. I went to the store and got a replacement today (same model number) and have had no issues. Weird that it was just Dolby Vision content causing the issue.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@trh70470 

If it's doing it with multiple apps, that would point to the Roku device, based on what you've provided so far.

Describe the crash. Does that mean the device just goes black on the screen, with all sound stopping? Does the device reboot? Does it freeze the image? Tell us what's going on.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
trh70470
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

@DBDukes 

The image and sound freeze for a few seconds before the screen goes black. It then freezes on a black screen for 5-10 seconds before rebooting.

From what I can tell it was probably a defective device. I went to the store and got a replacement today (same model number) and have had no issues. Weird that it was just Dolby Vision content causing the issue.

0 Kudos