Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
OwnerofDevices
Roku Guru

Re: Disney Plus malformed HTTP headers

The reason that you can watch on your iPhone and fire stick is because those two devices use 2 different operating systems ios and fire TV from rokus operating system is a third os in your home. Disney needs to be contact so you can give them the error you are getting.

0 Kudos
greg2vn
Channel Surfer

It seams to be a Roku/Viasat problem. I can still watch on tv if I’m using a Hotspot. 

0 Kudos
greg2vn
Channel Surfer

And now I have an issue with the hub showing up on my Viasat app so the problem is probably with it.

0 Kudos
Hunderwood95
Channel Surfer

Mine is FINALLY working! I hope it stays working! 

0 Kudos
nwyllie

I am also on Viasat and was having the same problem.  I also have the Viasat Stream device.  It showed a problem and one suggestion to to ensure no range extenders were in operation.  I had one, unplugged it, and now my Disney+ streaming works!  Must be something recent because I've had the Viasat Stream device for months, and the range extender going for weeks and the problem just started the other day.

0 Kudos

Having the same issue with Disney and Hulu!!

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Tiffianych1,

Welcome, and thanks for keeping in touch here in the Roku Community!

We would want additional information regarding the situation and how we can support you. Could you tell us how you've been experiencing this before? Have you attempted any troubleshooting? If so, what failed?

With more information, we'll be able to take a closer look at it.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Tsteepy

I don't know why.  But I had the same issue and it was happening on all my roku stick tvs and my android app.  I then went to one of my TVs and tried paying the trailer for the show Mandalorian I was watching.  I let the trailer play for 15 secs then went back to the episode and presses play to continue and it Worked!  Not sure why, but I suspect that the "Ads" that they make you watch might have been the issue, because the header error only came about at the end of an episode when Roku said you can skip to the next episode.  Just a guess.

0 Kudos
z-bob
Streaming Star

I installed Disney+ a week ago and it has been working fine.  Today, I'm getting "There was an error in the HTTP response..." whenever I try to watch anything.  But if there's a button to watch a trailer, those work.  I uninstalled D+, rebooted the Roku, and installed D+ again, and it still fails the same way.

I think the "trailers work but movies and shows don't" thing is a clue.

0 Kudos
KaitiSue98
Reel Rookie

Model: 7827X - Roku Tv

serial number: YN00V4186624 (M0814V1886624)

software version: 12.5.5 build: 4174-AT 

GC version: 10.8.24

timestamp: 2024-02-28T10:35:41Z

Issue ID: 24-084-155

James Valley for internet 

Every time I try to watch a movie I get a message saying that the http was malformed and the error was returned. I’ve restarted the tv. I’ve uninstalled, restarted and reinstalled the Disney + app and it’s still not working but it works on my phone 

0 Kudos