Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bobkap6

DVl replaces HDM2 and lose audio

When I go to HDM2 to use Roku, HDM2 blinks a few times and then settles on DVl. The background is either normal or a lavender like color. There is no audio. I tried unplugging the TV and removing the Roku stick. It worked one time for a day and not again. Model is 3810X and serial number is YH00G7464850.

I tried my old stick , a 3400 and it worked on channels it still supported.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: DVl replaces HDM2 and lose audio

DVI connections do not support audio, only video.

This sounds like you are using an HDMI port that supports both HDMI an DVI, apparently testing to see which one is connected.

Have you tried the Roku stick in a different (presumably non-DVI) HDMI port?

Edited to add....  Check your TV settings to see if you can disabled DVI on that port.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: DVl replaces HDM2 and lose audio

In addition to what @makaiguy suggested, if you're using the TV's USB port to power it try using the supplied power adapter to avoid the stick having to boot up every time you turn on the TV.  Also, if the stick has a "power saving" option under Settings->System->Power, disable it.  It's been know to cause problems with the HDMI handshake.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos