Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TerrorFields
Reel Rookie

Crunchyroll app video stuttering on some shows.

I was watching the english sub versions of Star Blazers Battleship Yamato, Murder Princess, Sacred Backsmith, Buddy Complex, and A Certain Magical Index The Miracle of Endymion on the Roku App and noticed the videos would stop briefly while still playing audio. I would notice the picture was not moving for a few seconds it was very jarring.

I tried reseting my Roku Ultra, clearing the cache and reinstalling the app. I've also tried rebooting my modem router combo from Comcast. It's a XFi XB8. I tried wireless 5ghz and ethernet with no difference in playback. I tried on Roku Premiere and Roku Ultra LT with the same issues being present.

I think the issue may be my home network because I hooked my mobile hotspot to the Roku Ultra and the videos played smoothly compared to connecting to the modem/router combo. Other shows like Jujitsu Kaisen, Rurouni Kenshin, Kingdoms of Ruin, Burst Angel, and Angel Beats play smoothly. I have not had issues playing videos on the xbox series X, google chromecast or mobile phone. I love using my Roku Ultra though.

I got on my kids roku onn tv and played the same crunchyroll videos and didn't have any stutter issues. I don't know if its a network issue or a Roku Software issue at this point.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Crunchyroll app video stuttering on some shows.

Welcome and thank you for posting here in the Roku Community, @TerrorFields.

We appreciate you reaching out and providing us with precise information. 

Mentioning it works smoothly by using your mobile hotspot means that the issue doesn't rely on your Roku streaming players. Even if you have a fast internet network connection, we should also consider how many devices are connected to it. 

In this case, we recommend contacting your internet service provider and letting them perform a system reboot on their end. 

Let us know how it goes and we'll continue assisting you from there. 

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
TerrorFields
Reel Rookie

I've power cycled the Comcast gateway a few times already. I don't know why having Comcast reboot it on there end would do anything.

Hulu, youtube, amazon prime, hidive, and even the funimation app play fine.  Half of the shows on crunchyroll plays fine, if it was originally on crunchyroll. The other shows that came from funimation during the merger do not play smoothly.

Xbox Series X and Google Chromecast 4k can play the whole Crunchyroll library smoothly.

0 Kudos
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @TerrorFields,

Thanks for keeping us posted here in the Roku Community!

If the issue persists on one channel after attempting the troubleshooting steps and videos from other channels play fine, we suggest that you contact the channel provider's customer support team to report the issue and get help. The channel developers themselves maintain channels on Roku. In some cases, an issue within that specific channel might need to be addressed with an update from them.
Please let us know if there is anything else we can do to help you.
All the best,
Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos